FYI these have no steel reinforcements, but they are built to the same spec as current Polish military mags. Poland stopped yproducing both 5.56 and 7.62 mags with steel inserts in the last few years.

I bought eight of these mags and like them a lot for a non-reinforced mag. Placed next to my surplus Beryl mags, they are using the same material and molding process.

The material appears to have visible fiber, like the Beryl mags. I believe these mags are in fact a fiberglass resin rather than the advertised plastic, but can't say for sure.

They have passed the pushup test (200lbs) and loaded drops onto my garage floor and gravel driveway. No issues.

If you have a single-stack conversion Romanian AK like a WASR or AES, you will need to clip off the two small tabs at the rear of the mag before they will lock in - wire clippers will do it.. These are there to act as debris shields on the longer military spec magwells, which most Romanians have not been accurately cut to.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

They are definitely the lightest weight magazine I've ever held.   They are so light that they actually feel kind of cheap.   If it weren't for people reporting good things about their durability, I would have written them off.  I haven't beat them up at all, but they lock in tight and look good.   Time will tell if they are tough enough for anything beyond range duty.  They're cheap enough to experiment with though.

• Like 1

Won't use them. IF they aren't steel reinforced they aren't worth ANY of my money. I wrote AIM the first time these went on sale, and they confirmed to me there is no steel on them anywhere. I would rank them even with a Tapco mag, and I don't own any of those either.

Edited by Jpanzer

Even the steel reinforced Polish mags are not that robust. I broke one at the range while using the mag as a rest. On the fourth round it snapped off at the floor plate and shot the spring retainer about 10yds down range. Granted there is no steel reinforcement around the floor plate. I did read somewhere that the plastic material is different then other European magazines.

I will only be buying steel surplus or Russian/Bulgarian poly mags from now on. 

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1