I assume this has been discussed at length already, but I missed it.

With ATF ruling that pistol grips on shotguns are legal, why are sporterized shittys still bein imported? I assume the extra work and parts would be expensive, so sellin us a generic pistol gripped shotgun would seem the cheaper and more straight forward route for the rooskies, but I assume I am missing something, what is it?

It coult be assumed that they manyfactured the current supply of neutered firearms quite some time ago ant are trying to eliminate that supply before going strictly to standard configuration guns. There was also the recent hoarding of AWB scare guns that will be trickling onto the market for some time to come. I do think, even though production costs should be lower, you will see the price rise on imports wih pistol grip confgurations.

Convenience, aesthetics, and functionality are my reasoning. Many people are intimidated with doing a conversion and in PG configuration it is much more appealing and usable out of the box.

Think of glocks and 1911. Low end 1911's which are all metal and polymer glocks command the same premium. Both are reliable, but preference drives any market