6 replies to this topic

#1 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Im thinking I want to get one.   does anybody have one?    and how do you like it?   pros and cons verses a 223 ak of other tipes.    Im trying to gather up experienced opinions about this rifle.    I would mostly just use it for fun.   

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own goverment."

George Washington

#2 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

From what I know of the super make sure if you buy one make sure it come with the scope mount. Not all of them do, and finding a mount is difficult these days since imports have slowed so much. The ones you can find are pricey. I don't know of any after market stocks for the super.

Accuracy reports for the super are the same as regular platfrom 223 Vepr rifles. I tried to make a deal for one a while back but then I found out getting the scope mount was gonna be a pain so I decided to pass on it.

- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#3 2ndAmmendLVR2014

2ndAmmendLVR2014

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

I just so happened to be in Cabels's looking for gun cleaning stuff when I crossed paths with a preowned Vepr Super 223 in the Gun Library Room. It was equipped with
the factory scope mount and was priced a little over $1000 which they gave me 10% off when I purchased it. It seems to be a well made rifle except the sling swivels
which are not the best but some of the worst I've seen. They are too narrow and won't accommodate a 1" or 1 1/4" wide sling. Have not shot the carbine yet but it
looks to be a fine shooter. Purchased a Nikon P223 tactical scope designed for this caliber and felt a 3x magnification was adequate for 100-200 yards distance. Did
not want to spend more on the scope. See my postings for pics and details regarding converting to a standard rifle sling size.
2ndAmmendLVR2014

Attached Files

#4 geneticgamer

geneticgamer

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

How accurate are the .223 VEPR's?

#5 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

it looks nice    now you got me wanting one bad.     give us a range report when you try it out.    does it have a bullet guide built in or does it need one for bigger mags

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own goverment."

George Washington

#6 geneticgamer

geneticgamer

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Needs a guide.

#7 oldscooterguy

oldscooterguy

• Contributor
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

My 223 Super shoots 1 MOA with cheap walmart Brassmax ammo. 1.25 MOA with federal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users