They also have a $60 rebate from now through Jan.  Great time to grab a 512.

Having owned both, I recommend the XPS (which I still have.

For that price it better **** my **** while simultaneously calculating and adjusting for range/wind/temp/curvature of the earth then telling me how awesome I am on the trip home.

You obviously have no concept of quality optics that you can depend your life on. My no frills Aimpoint PRO was $400.00 and well worth every penny.

For that price it better **** my **** while simultaneously calculating and adjusting for range/wind/temp/curvature of the earth then telling me how awesome I am on the trip home.

Hay you getget what you pay for so buy the cheep shit and don't bitch

C-More makes a GREAT optic for about 150 less. I own both the C-more railway & XPS2.

C-more takes more rail space, and cannot co-witness, but has a huge view window, with a narrow frame.  The Eotech has more configuration and accessories, and is much easier, to sight in. (the C-more requires an allen wrench, but it's remains dead on once you lock it in& it's night vision compatible, for no extra $$).

You obviously have no concept of quality optics that you can depend your life on. My no frills Aimpoint PRO was $400.00 and well worth every penny.

Yep that's me, you pegged it. Because obviously I'm not a shooter, nor do I own optics, nor do I get an opinion....nor does it matter. haha.gif

I don't think Eotech's are overpriced.  Love my 512.  I do believe the sights that do as you have described are closer to 2k and above.

With regard to Eotech, beware the knockoffs especially on eBay.  I bought one once but I caught it in time and hit the seller hard about it an my money was refunded.  There are guides that show how to tell a fake.  They are usually priced so it seems like a good deal but not so low that it's a no brainer.  If you know what to look for you can tell a fake without even getting close to it.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/documents/Recognizing%20counterfeit%20EOTech%20Sights%204-09.pdf

Lets see if this can be said a bit more diplomatically. 

You are paying, dispute it or not, for a name and reputation in addition to the costs and profit of the device.

As well as a healthy kicker for .gov inflating prices.

It is not a matter of wanting something for nothing but more one of getting what you pay.

Sure its a good optic, but a lot of that high price is for things other than quality.