The stench surrounding psychotropic drugs and mass murder

I used to take any number of ADD/depression drugs from my preteen years well into my late teens - including drugs like adderall, nortriptyline, prozac, ativan, ritalin, and maybe a couple others. Some of those are amphetamines, some are SSRIs or share many properties with SSRis.

When I first started causing trouble in school, it was because I would finish my work in half the time of the other kids, and would start messing around with everyone in class. So, they moved me up a grade, and that worked pretty well for a while, until it started happening again. Instead of moving me up again, the answer to my severe hyperactivity (it really was bad, I'll admit - I was a crazy wild kid), was to drug me up.

I remember times in my teens where I could have very possibly become violent, depending on which drugs I was taking. They would either put me to sleep in class, or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night at all. I remember a very long time when I was in middle school where I could only sleep for a couple hours each night.

A lot of times I recall not being able to concentrate or really stay awake in class at all, but hey, at least I wasn't causing trouble, right?

I remember being so angry, and having thoughts and feelings so clouded, that one of my favorite ways to calm myself and exert all of that emotional energy was to take empty 5-gallon buckets and smash the shit out of them with an aluminum bat. I put my fist through two doors in our house, and once got so angry at my dad that I picked him up by his shoulders and pinned him against the wall. I had suicidal thoughts many times, but was always pragmatic enough to know that my feelings were just a product of the moment. I had other friends on similar medications who actually did do things like slit their wrists or pop a bottle full of aspirin, though none of them died.

A lot of these things were really for no reason at all, or as the result of very minor incidents.. No provocation, I just felt angry a lot of the time while taking some of these drugs. I know it sounds like average teenage stuff here, but it's rather hard to convey through words how strong these feelings of anger and depression were at the time. The doctors and counselors always suggested more medication, at least until I got one counselor who was very good at her job, and made me realize that I was in control, and didn't need these drugs any more - we're still friends to this day.

About my senior year in high school, I had enough of it, and told my parents I would be stopping all medications. Never looked back, and even though I still struggle with adult ADD at times, it's actually one of the things that helps me out at my job. I can multitask like a mofo and successfully do ten things at once without losing track.

If our children have similar behavioral issues as I did, drugs are COMPLETELY off the table. Not gonna happen in my house, with my child. I think far too many parents allow their children to take these medications, without having any first-hand experience in how they can make you feel.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

I like the latest ambulance chaser commercial...if you are a boy/male and have taken x drug for ADHD and developed female breasts, call us to sue the company...

So this mind altering drug also causes titties to grow... I know a few women that would probably love that drug...

What's wrong with that?  Then you can play with boobies any time you want!  haha.gif

I used to take any number of ADD/depression drugs from my preteen years well into my late teens - including drugs like adderall, nortriptyline, prozac, ativan, ritalin, and maybe a couple others. Some of those are amphetamines, some are SSRIs or share many properties with SSRis.

When I first started causing trouble in school, it was because I would finish my work in half the time of the other kids, and would start messing around with everyone in class. So, they moved me up a grade, and that worked pretty well for a while, until it started happening again. Instead of moving me up again, the answer to my severe hyperactivity (it really was bad, I'll admit - I was a crazy wild kid), was to drug me up.

I remember times in my teens where I could have very possibly become violent, depending on which drugs I was taking. They would either put me to sleep in class, or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night at all. I remember a very long time when I was in middle school where I could only sleep for a couple hours each night.

A lot of times I recall not being able to concentrate or really stay awake in class at all, but hey, at least I wasn't causing trouble, right?

I remember being so angry, and having thoughts and feelings so clouded, that one of my favorite ways to calm myself and exert all of that emotional energy was to take empty 5-gallon buckets and smash the shit out of them with an aluminum bat. I put my fist through two doors in our house, and once got so angry at my dad that I picked him up by his shoulders and pinned him against the wall. I had suicidal thoughts many times, but was always pragmatic enough to know that my feelings were just a product of the moment. I had other friends on similar medications who actually did do things like slit their wrists or pop a bottle full of aspirin, though none of them died.

A lot of these things were really for no reason at all, or as the result of very minor incidents.. No provocation, I just felt angry a lot of the time while taking some of these drugs. I know it sounds like average teenage stuff here, but it's rather hard to convey through words how strong these feelings of anger and depression were at the time. The doctors and counselors always suggested more medication, at least until I got one counselor who was very good at her job, and made me realize that I was in control, and didn't need these drugs any more - we're still friends to this day.

About my senior year in high school, I had enough of it, and told my parents I would be stopping all medications. Never looked back, and even though I still struggle with adult ADD at times, it's actually one of the things that helps me out at my job. I can multitask like a mofo and successfully do ten things at once without losing track.

If our children have similar behavioral issues as I did, drugs are COMPLETELY off the table. Not gonna happen in my house, with my child. I think far too many parents allow their children to take these medications, without having any first-hand experience in how they can make you feel.

God bless that counselor, I won't say that to you because I know you do not believe I don't want to offend....but I'm am glad you came out on top. It really bothers me what they are doing to children with these drugs.

I take no offense over any blessings.. Thanks.

Part of the problem is that many parents implicitly trust doctors, and by extension, the pharmaceutical industry. My mom was one of them. If the doctor said that this pill would fix it, she believed him. Over time she realized that this was simply not the case. Many parents never figure that out, and seem to believe that sooner or later they will find that "magic pill," and overlook the potential damage that any of them can do.

• Like 1

I have seen how these drugs mess children up as a school bus driver.  (That's what I went to engineering college to do).

The drugs wear off as they get on the bus and then all hell breaks loose.  They are drugged to keep them docile for the useless a--hole teachers.  I also drove one boy who was wired up without the drugs but the next day he was heavily doped.  It's sickening to see what they do to children and call that shit education.  One of my friends allowed them to give his son drugs for his 'ADD' and his son was a mess for years after that.  The ADD and ADHD are both made up so the teachers can have an easier job teaching them that Common Core indoctrination instead of educating them.  The progressives know that to get their tyrannical police state they have to indoctrinate children to believe their garbage.  Some of the parents are also part of the problem, they are useless animals who breed more useless animals, neither have any discipline and their behavior is part of the problem.  They just dump the children on the schools for the school day.

With each commercial on tv promoting these legal drugs with a "million and one" side effects and half not approved by the fda, yes these could really be the problem. For one to say its not and lets keep moving, without an outside source (not controlled by the government or persuaded) doing a in depth study, is just not seeing a connection. The hunting dog is pointing but no one is (wants to)looking.

• Like 1