Seeing your younger boy dressed up to go to his first Cub Scouts meeting.

I hope he gains half of what I did during my years in the BSA, it was a huge influence in my life.

He will, if he puts half of what he puts into his Jujitsu into his Scouting.

NathanielCubScouts_zpsb5a207af.jpg

• Like 4

He's much better looking than you. :)

Make sure he does the cool stuff.

My Cub Scout meetings were a waste of time. My "Den Mothers" were unhappy housewives.

Then there was the time I choked on a large marshmallow at a "Blue and Gold Banquet".

Things that make you who you are. ;)

Make that derby car heavy and lube the axles. Thin wheels and aerodynamic body would be my choice.

The fathers always take over.

Edited by Sim_Player

Good stuff. I never did Cub scouts, went late straight to Boy Scouts. Wish I had finished my Eagle.

What he gets out of it depends alot on you guys, what he puts in, and having decent scout leaders. My first leader, all he gave a crap about was hiking, camping, rafting, and swimming. Ignored all the other stuff. We'd wake up at 6 for a 20 mile hike, then finish the day with an 8 mile hike. Best goddam scout leader I ever met. Once a year we'd have a big weekend where we did all the patch and administrative BS, the rest of the year was fun outdoors stuff.

He was replaced with a guy who listened to the parents, who only cared about checking off boxes for patches and collecting more dues. Thats about when most of us kinda dropped out of it.

Edited by mostholycerebus