Help Please: Trigger Reset Issue

Hello,

I just wanted to give a little background on my MKA.  I bought the XN and went and shot it.  It worked great. The only issue I had was lo-brass Winchester super target at 1200fps. 

I had a local gun store add the T&N stock adapter.  When I got it home, I noticed that the bolt was getting locked in the rearward position.  Matt at Tooth & Nail offered to look at it.  Turns out the bolt from the stock adapter was catching the bolt carrier.  They gave me a new bolt and rethreaded my stock adapter after I mashed the threads.  All for free! Thanks again Matt.

So, now to the issue that I found.  I fire a round, it extracts the empty shell, loads the next round, pull the trigger and nothing.  I then pull the bolt back, it extracts the live round, loads another and then it fires.  Any thoughts on what might be the issue? Could the bolt possibly be traveling far enough to extract the spent shell and load a live one without forcing the hammer back far enough to reset?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Forgot to mention that I am using a Tooth & Nail Armory FCG.  Anybody hear any issues with them? 

All of my mods were done subsequent to my initial testing to obtain a baseline performance benchmark.

Yep had the same thing on mine. Called Matt and he said he had a batch of hammers and disconnectors that were not hardened correctly. He is sending me a new one. Try holding the trigger down and cycle the charging handle see it does the same thing hammer won't reset. then cycle it not holding the trigger hammer will reset. 

Just as Rick stated above pull the trigger, hold it, cycle the action. If the trigger does not reset when you let off the trigger then that is your problem. You can verify by pushing forward on the trigger. If the trigger resets when you push it forward that will confirm the problem.

We had an issue with our previous heat treater. Hammers and disconnectors were not to spec. The new batch has been heat treated correctly. My son did a few more tweaks to the design to make them operate smoother during cycling too. 

Give us a call or shoot us an email. We will get you fixed up.