Help Vepr 12 Shopping

So from what I gather the WPA 12s can be fired with the stock folded vs. the Legion with FS/GB rail and HG rail but can't be fired with the stock folded.  Also the WPA is threaded while the Legion is pinned muzzle??  I am ready to purchase but between importer marking (which Im a sucker for) and a pita to be the way it should Im so confused.  Any help is much appreciated!  Cheers.

There was a thread on the legion ones and it was my understanding that they do no fire when folded. There was some talk about modifying to defeat that, but I don't know the efficacy of that. 

They do have railed gas blocks which is a nice add, I added one to mine after market. The pinned muzzle devices is, presumably, to bring the total barrel length to greater than 16 inches. If you want one of those muzzle devices and don't want it to add that much length, this saves you the trouble of having to cut the barrel, then rethread, pin/solder your muzzle device, etc. 

I would call / email our guy at Legion, seems like a great guy, and verify that. 

I can't speak for WPA folder units. A few folder units from Royal Tiger I have seen did fire when folded and had left hand safeties.  

Call Alex at Legion and talk to him about options. I ordered a few VEPR-12s from him and had him change the muzzle devices to two of my choosing and paid a little extra to have his gunsmith remove the "safety" device that keeps it from firing when folded. The russian markings, factory installed railed GB, and correct length russian barrel did it for me. They also come with the correct railed handguard if that means anything to you (it did to me). I couldn't be happier with my two VEPRs now.

** Notice the position of the safety lever on each folded shotgun.

vepr3_zps66d6fdbd.jpg

Call Alex at Legion and talk to him about options. I ordered a few VEPR-12s from him and had him change the muzzle devices to two of my choosing and paid a little extra to have his gunsmith remove the "safety" device that keeps it from firing when folded.

I would love to see a close up picture of the safety mechanism inside of the receiver.

Call Alex at Legion and talk to him about options. I ordered a few VEPR-12s from him and had him change the muzzle devices to two of my choosing and paid a little extra to have his gunsmith remove the "safety" device that keeps it from firing when folded.

I would love to see a close up picture of the safety mechanism inside of the receiver.

I think Pappa Zorro posted a pic of it in the other Legion thread but I think it is kinda hard to see. I don't really know what it looks like because it is gone from both of my guns.

I think Pappa Zorro posted a pic of it in the other Legion thread but I think it is kinda hard to see. I don't really know what it looks like because it is gone from both of my guns.

Does it look like they replaced the rivets on your rear trunion?

No, they removed it without messing with the trunnion. He did say it was a PITA though. I am not sure of the exact cost because I had him add it into a full gun build up quote but I want to say it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-$75 additional but, like I said, I am not 100%. 

Edited by vette447

Call Alex at Legion and talk to him about options. I ordered a few VEPR-12s from him and had him change the muzzle devices to two of my choosing and paid a little extra to have his gunsmith remove the "safety" device that keeps it from firing when folded. The russian markings, factory installed railed GB, and correct length russian barrel did it for me. They also come with the correct railed handguard if that means anything to you (it did to me). I couldn't be happier with my two VEPRs now.

** Notice the position of the safety lever on each folded shotgun.

vepr3_zps66d6fdbd.jpg

Those are gorgeous!  Do you have a big preference between the GK 01 brake vs. the flash hider?

I hate to admit but I actually have not had a chance to shoot either one since I got them in. Been a crazy December. 

I have "played" with and handled them a bunch just admiring and waiting for my chance to get out and shoot them. Just in handling, the flash hider gun comes out to a bbl length of about 18.25" so it is super handy and handles great with that short barrel. However, the GK-01 (US Made CSS clone for 922r compliance) gun feels good too and the extra weight/length of the brake is not an issue. I would expect the GK-01 gun to be a lot more controllable and have much less recoil. The GK-01 makes the bbl overall length right at about 21" I think. Thus, it would be comparable to a standard VEPR-12 (19" bbl) with the flash hider on it.