source for 10 round STEEL mags!

Hey guys, i was looking through the internet trying to find a source for 10 round steel mags and saw where someone took 10 round blank firing mags and dremeled off the block to accept standard ammunition. I decided myself handy enough with a dremel and gave it a shot--and it works! Albeit a tad expensive (after shipping roughly 21.50/mag from apex), if you want a low capacity steel mag to hunt with its not a bad route to go!

If yall try this just be aware it is far easier to remove the block by starting at the bottom of the mag and dremeling the weld there first, then grab a pair of pliers and wiggle it until the weld at the top pops free. It leaves the top of the mag totally free of marks as well. After cleanup i tested them out and they held 10 rounds and functioned perfectly. At first i thought id have to swap floor plates but it worked great as it stood.

So there ya have it, 10 round steel mags with just 10 minutes of dremeling! Hope this helps some people out!

post-46523-0-54388400-1390168097_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-33156300-1390168125_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-97464100-1390168169_thumb.jpg

When I bought my 75rnd drum, years ago, the seller included a surprise, 1-30 rnd, 4-20 rnd, and 4-5 rnd steel mags.

Could you shim underneath the follower to make a mag legal for hunting?

I don't hunt.)

Edited by Sim_Player
  • 3 weeks later...

If you can find the Chinese 5-round magazines, I believe you can just swap in a standard follower to make then 10-rounders. I have a few at home that I can check when I get home. I was lucky enough to find a guy that didn't know what they were, wanted $10 for 3. I use them in their 5-round capacity for hunting.