It was time for a down home favorite tonight...

Smoked sausage, Potatoes, and green beans (+cabbage around my place, though that's less traditional)

The recipe, as I made it, is (feeds 3 Midwest adults, or all of Sacramento) [the recipe also assumes you have at least 1/4 pound of salt and black pepper to throw on it when its on your plate]:

3 lbs of Oscar Meyer skinless smoked sausage (cut into 1/4-3/8" slices)

3 lbs fresh green beans (fresh is best, canned from your garden is #2, canned at the store is #3... all work fine... I don't care for frozen in this dish)

5lbs red russet potatoes (that is if you're on a diet.. 8lbs would be better for normal people)

1 head of regular old "cabbage"... The grocery store just calls it "cabbage" around here...

Directions:

1 - Clean veggies

2 -Cut that shit up

3 - Boil it for 30 minutes (well.. I'm a snob... so I boil my potatoes a little first, then turn on the beans and cabbage.. The sausage is fully cooked and just needs to heat up so whatever is cleaver is good there).

4 - Eat it from the root to the toot

Here's what the remains looked like after the lady and I demolished the first round of it (see that second pot behind it on the stove... yeah.. it takes 2 pots [or 1 x 5 gallon pot... just too much of a hassle to clean to my normal capacity pot] to make it as required]:

post-33185-0-14018400-1394150010_thumb.jpg

Money shot:

post-33185-0-07611500-1394150626_thumb.jpg

A light lunch for tomorrow is ready for the fridge!:

edit #13242: I was just informed that the sausge we ate was Ecrich...

post-33185-0-35056500-1394150153_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

not the usual sausage money shot found online with the franks and beans together, but a lot more appetizing. 

Uhhh... If you really want to see my frank and beans I suppose you can...  I'll need to get a hubble-ish lens to capture it. ;)

Looks very good, but what do you mean by feeds "all of Sacramento"? Bunch of fat assed fuckers there!

You would have been better stating "feeds all of Venice Beach"! haha.gif

I try not to venture any further west than Illinois (and I'll only do that for cheap high horsepower motors), so I'm in your mercy in regard to what the fruit booters eat out there.. ;)

post-33185-0-77439600-1394163063.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1