Magazine conversion ?

Just about finished with my first full conversion and trying to decide whether to install the bullet guide I bought from CSS or just stick with the 3 Saiga 10 round mags I have.

My question is will the Saiga mags still work if I do the bullet guide install and grind down the mag release? I've heard they
"might" work.

Well, what are you going to do with the rifle? Hunting and range gun? Your 3 10 rounders are fine. Defensive/go-to gun/prepping? Do the conversion, and you can keep your Saiga mags (just need to do some dremeling on them once the bullet guide is installed), and reap the benefit of cheap, higher capacity, more robust AK mags. The bullet guide is a piece of cake to install (USE A TON OF OIL AND DON'T BREAK THE TAP), and the filing is easy, just takes some patience. Good luck to you. I look forward to seeing your finished product!

Ok. Will have to give this some more thought. I'll mainly use this on the range since I have plenty of other guns for other purposes. Also just picked up my first ((10)) mag for one of my pre-ban AKs and now see why they're considered top shelf. But they are not cheap, for sure. Thanks for the info.