Title II payment opinions with a NFA trust

Just curious how those of you with a NFA Trust pay for your title II items and stamps.  Some say I can just pay with my personal credit card or personal check, some say I should pay with a certified check from my personal bank account but specify the remitter as my trust, some say to get a certified check via cash so it is completely unrelated to any person, and some say I need to have an account set up in the name of my trust and only pay out of it.  As already mentioned, the logic being to remove any direct personal connections.  For example, if I pay with a personal check\credit card on behalf of my trust, could that be considered something along the lines of a "straw man" purchase?  I have been doing my best so far to set everything up properly but this last piece is a bit harder to research.  I was hoping to get some input from someone who isn't trying to sell me something.  Thanks for your time and input.   

you can either pay by check from your personal account, CC, money order, whatever, they don't care just as long as the check clears, your CC doesn't get denied etc.. whatever you heard/read about the money having to come out of a "trust account" or other ways,  is pure unadulterated, get the hip boots because it's deep, BULLSHIT to the 10th power.

for Christ sakes man, it's easy enough to know if it's bullshit or not, and it doesn't take any "hard research".  here is the test, there would have been millions of threads and posts about   thousands of people's forms and checks getting kicked back because of it, and it would have continued to today if it was true.

so just do the form and mail off the money anyway you want.

let me take a wild guess where you "heard' that bullshit, you've been on that AR15 board,  haven't you?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

It is ideal to use the corporation's name on the payment. If you don't have an account for your corporation at your local bank, make them issue a certified bank check or use a postal money order. You can use a personal credit card or check but that is not as squared away as the professional route. More crossing the T and dotting the I kind of stuff. :)

Thanks guys.  I actually wasn't asking what types of payment would be accepted, just what your thoughts were on who, or what, the payment should come from for the items themselves as well as to the ATF - personal account or trust account.  I think Stryker knew what I was trying to ask.  My lawyer suggested the same (again, I am talking about payment for the items themselves, not just the stamp payment).  And don't think just because I am asking on this forum that I haven't done any other hard research.  As you can see from just this post alone, there are many answers\opinions out there.  I usually get pretty straight answers from this forum among others (like sigforum.com).  Others are more hit and miss like ar15.com.  Anyway, I will continue to go through the trouble of getting a certified check for my next surpressor purchase.  Thanks! 

Anyway, I will continue to go through the trouble of getting a certified check for my next surpressor purchase. 

it's your call, but to me it's dumb to pay extra just for a certified check, it's not going to speed up the approval process. what's 5 or 7 days waiting for a personal  check to clear, when you're going to be waiting about 1  year until you get it

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The check is free from my bank.  I am mostly referring to the payment for the item itself, not the $200\$5 stamp payment.  But I am not concerned as much on the approval as I am having someone question the legality of ownership since the suppressor\MG\SBS is tied to the trust and not supposed to me personally.  I guess it is along the same argument for getting a lawyer to help set up the nfa trust as opposed to using a free template.  Different opinions and comfort levels to accomplish, as you said, essentially the same result.  Regardless, I think we can all agree that the wait is painful not matter how you do it.