Photo
- - - - -

G&G Hawk custom "TANGENT" assisted flipper. . .

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Someone had the bright idea to host a 1st Annual International Seattle Knife Show this past weekend. . . so I figured I should drop-in and take a look-see (since one of my other passions is collecting sharp, pointy things laugh.png).  Anyway, after spending a little time with Gavin Hawk (of "Grant & Gavin Hawk") I ended up walking out with one of his latest designs, what he calls the "Tangent" flipper.  This particular example has a Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber (LSCF) and titanium frame, Damascus steel blade of course, and the scales on the handle are genuine elephant ivory (something thanks to Obummer will be illegal to sell come the end of May).

CIMG5693_zps9952711a.jpg

CIMG5697_zps35f63d2f.jpg

CIMG5709_zps1797e123.jpg

GampGHawkcustomTANGENT_2_zps9ba1b57b.jpg

CIMG5702_zpsbcda7d7b.jpg

CIMG5707_zpse9d9dbaf.jpg

The "Tangent" has an assisted flipper mechanism. . . which is simply a silicon band incorporated into the frame's mechanism.  You can see the black silicon band along the bottom portion of the knife's spine:

CIMG5684_zpsb00c27a8.jpg

Below is a photo of two other examples of "assisted flipper" knives that are G&G Hawk creations and which I own.  The first one at left is the "BEETLE" and the second is called the "LINKS".  Ahhhh. . . I'm a bit of a G&G Hawk enthusiast.

CIMG5345_zps6f18653a.jpg

Edited by Gary, 29 April 2014 - 12:12 PM.

• Hawk451, YOT and Dad2142Dad like this

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

"Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun!"

Posted Image

#2 DaveM

DaveM

Gentleman Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Apparently life's to short to carry an ugly knife also.

Nice blades Gary!

Edited by DaveM, 29 April 2014 - 12:50 PM.

• Gary and Hawk451 like this

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. - Ben Franklin

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. - Thomas Jefferson

If I shake your hand and look you in the eye you can bet your ass it'll be the truth. - Eric Church

#3 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Top Member

• Volunteer Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Wow, you sure do pick your tools with class and style! Hell, even that skull is nice :lol:

• Gary likes this

#4 YOT

YOT

Pissed off New Yorker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

That skull should be mounted on a hammer handle just to crush... um... skulls. beaten.gif

Nice cutlery.

• Hawk451 likes this

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"You have enemies?  Good!  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

#5 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

That skull should be mounted on a hammer handle just to crush... um... skulls. beaten.gif

Ahhh. . . not sure what you are conveying with that.

Anyway, here's another photo of that skull, with it's bro (since folks seem to like skulls so much. . . nothing wrong with that!)

Robotic_Mechanizedsolidresinskulls001.jp

Edited by Gary, 29 April 2014 - 04:03 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Posted Image

#6 YOT

YOT

Pissed off New Yorker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ahhh. . . not sure what you are conveying with that.

Anyway, here's another photo of that skull, with it's bro (since folks seem to like skulls so much. . . nothing wrong with that!)

Robotic_Mechanizedsolidresinskulls001.jp

Like a mace or shillelagh.

• Gary likes this

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"You have enemies?  Good!  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

#7 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Well, in that case you'd need an axe handle. . . because these solid resin skulls are damned heavy.  haha.gif

• YOT likes this

Posted Image

#8 YOT

YOT

Pissed off New Yorker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

LOL. I was thinking sledge hammer handle.

• Gary likes this

#9 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Top Member

• Volunteer Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Or battle Axe/Mace

#10 ram123

ram123

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

That is A nice knife. What's the RC of the damacus blade rated at?

#11 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:11 AM

That is A nice knife. What's the RC of the damacus blade rated at?

I do not know.  I don't "use" the knife so the Damascus steel's Rockwell hardness has no value to me.

Edited by Gary, 28 January 2016 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image

#12 RED333

RED333

MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Very nice blades!!!

Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
I AM A REDNECK!!!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

As a wise man once said, "If they keep cornering and harassing the rattlesnake, it will have no option but to strike back."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users