I hope I'm in the right section for this, I know I will have to order and change out the front handguards, and add a lower handguard retainer, but I was wondering if I will have to change the gas block on my Saiga 7.62x39 before adding the Ultimak rail. 
The rifle is essentially bone stock right now and I want to add the Ultimak rail.

Yup. You could probably modify your factory handguard to fit, as well. Just need to cut out the material on the sides.

How do you like the Ultimak so far, is it holding zero well? I'm planning on putting one on mine for a red dot. I saw your rifle when I first joined and loved it. The thing is sick!

• Like 1

I’ve notched out the factory hand guard as mentioned above and it works but here’s the problem as I see it. The bottom of the Ultimak is wider than the section you notch out of the factory handguard. I ran it that way for a while but then the grip (or lack of) became annoying.  If you are going to do a lot of shooting you *may* be better served by investing retainer and handguard , it’s just a better fit IMO. I’m sure it’s been posted before but here's the parts list I used on my S762 &  S223. You could buy the KVFS-B hand guard directly for Ultimak. Dinzagarms has the steel retainer, visit their site and look for AKBOR1. I'm currently moving from Red dots to LER (long eye relief) scopes

How do you like the Ultimak so far, is it holding zero well? I'm planning on putting one on mine for a red dot. I saw your rifle when I first joined and loved it. The thing is sick!

I had Ultimaks for a long time and they always held zero. But they are less than ideal, making the already cramped front gripping space even more cramped.

Yup. You could probably modify your factory handguard to fit, as well. Just need to cut out the material on the sides.

Thanks man! I love the Ultimak and its by far my favorite way to run a red dot. No problems with zero, and as long as you use even a "just decent" dot, no problems with heat. Just bring a glove to the range.

Edited by Inebriated