i have a friend up here at school who wants to know what is involved to get a class III weapon, in PA. also if anyone knows of a gun shop near Carlisle and if they are class III or not. any imput would be helpful. thank you guys.

keith

Quick search shows this page lists Class III shops by state:

http://www.fortliberty.org/gun-accessories...n-dealers.shtml

i have a friend up here at school who wants to know what is involved to get a class III weapon, in PA. also if anyone knows of a gun shop near Carlisle and if they are class III or not. any imput would be helpful. thank you guys.

keith

Quick search shows this page lists Class III shops by state:

http://www.fortliberty.org/gun-accessories...n-dealers.shtml

one of the local shops to me (blair county) who i know is a class III isn't listed there, http://www.alleghenytradeco.com/

so you may have to do more digging than just that list, and if you could post some results since i've been curious about getting into class III (if i could afford it)

keith

Good luck man! I actually live in the Carlisle area code, outskirts of Perry County. I can't even find a gunshop that will register a new AK reciever as a handgun for me, even though it is perfectly legal. I got reported to the state police for trying to register a 100% complete and numbered reciever from OOW through a dealer.........Go figure!

The gun shops that were considered more militaria or hardcore were ran out by the ATF inspectors for rediculous infractions. All that are left is the hunting shops and sporting goods stores. I can't even find a local gun club that allows semi auto's. I got fed up and ordered a whole set of gunsmithing books and a mill machine.....

Look me up if you want to do some shooting this summer, I hang with a rowdy crowd near Steretts Gap, I'm sure you've heard us echoing through the mountains in that area......lol.... These are the guys who still know whats going on behind the scenes. There are 2 guys who are heavy into reinacting and stuff. They both have special permits for cannons and heavy artillary as well as a class3 federal license. You will most likely run into one of these guys if you go to either of the Dunham's sporting goods stores in the morning.