there are deals out there when you're not even looking for one

I help a friend at the local gunshows, after uncovering the tables this morning we do what  all vedors/dealers do before the show opens to the public we wander around. I do it mostly for socializing and catching up on what everybodys been doing.

today was no exception as I was walking by a "junk table", you know the guy who has bits an pieces of firearm parts,  military accouterments etc... something caught my eye near the back of the table, so I stopped to look, it was  2 steel HK mags.  so I picked one up and it was a steel 25 round HK33 mag. curious I asked what he is asking for it, figure it would be the usually stupid price for them, "10 dollars each", he says. "ok, I'll take them both" handed him a 20 and went on my merry way. now that is a good way to start out the show smile.png

I know some of you guys are "HK date code junkies" so here is the date code on them;  H J

has a bit of surface rust on them, but I think I can live with that, at least I will try real hard to  biggrin.png

this was a far better deal then I found at another show up here about 4 or so years back, 3 -25 round steel HK33 mags for 25 bucks each. yeah I had to break down and buy all three,  even though they had numbers painted on the floorplates. laugh.png

HK_33_mags.JPG

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Ok, educate the ignorant masses (or just me)... I have no idea what a normal price for those mags is or why they're rare/expensive.

factory HK33 25 round mags (5.56mm) sell at the low end 50-60 bucks ea. in the condition I bought those to 80-85 bucks for new ones. why so expensive? well they're HK, show me  anything that is factory HK; firearms, parts,pistol mags,  accessories, posters,  calendars,  etc.... besides the HK91 mag, that isn't expensive and stupidity priced. just for shits and giggles go to HKPARTS.COM and just look at the prices on HK stuff.

BTW, just to give you a historical lesson; back in 97 or so those aluminum HK91 mags were going for around 50-60 bucks a pop, yeah hard to believe since you can buy them all day long for a few dollars, but that was the normal price for them back then.  then millions of them got dumped on the market  a few years later, and drove  the price down to a few dollars ea.

I remember that time, the people that paid big money for them got just a little pissed because they spent so much money on them that now they weren't worth  a plug nickel (sort of speak) if they wanted to sell them.

luckily for me the CENTURY HK91 I bought at that time (and still have smile.png ) functions  great with CETME mags, and those were just a few dollars ea. I'm going to guess they were 5 or 7 bucks ea at the time.  I know they weren't very expensive,  otherwise I wouldn't have bought a lot of them, so I didn't have to buy any factory HK91 mags, only HK factory mag I had was the 2 that came with the gun. then when the prices plummet down to a few dollars, I stocked up on those big time. biggrin.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2