I have a Saiga in 308  and would like to get another rifle in 308 . I own a couple of bolt guns in 308 but looking for something . I have heard and looked at a Sig but its 2 grand a ptr is 1200 with the collapsible stock model # 915180  . I would like to use bullets less than 150 grain lake city or mke . I am looking at the Ptr-91 as I can buy 2 for the price of one Sig and the mags are cheap anyone have any input on the Ptr or Sig as reliability of feeding and ejecting 150 grain bullets or less ? I am not  really interested in a springfield M1 a as the mags are 35.00 a piece but I weould like one that will eat anything like my Saiga . iNPUTS PLEASE AND THANKS !

I have a Cetme .308 (same design, different sights than a PTR-91). It's reliable but, it sure is a dirty pig after an afternoon of shooting! The ammo is also not reloadable, thanks to the chamber grooves. I don't reload so I never cared.

As stated above, an AR platform might be the way to go.

Good luck!

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

As much as I like the G3 platform, I have had a run of bad luck. My first PTR91 was BBR in a house fire. The replacement for that one was stolen by my drug addict cousin. God willing I will be able to purchase another one soon. I'm biased in favor of the design. To me it only lacks one thing. A LRBHO. I am one of those weirdos that dislikes the AR platform. I did not use the word "hate". I spent 6 1/2 years in the military and would have been a lot happier with an AK74. There is one more complaint I have about the new PTR91s . I dislike the grip size and shape of the "navy" fire control group.