As you will most likely know pistols were banned in England in 1997/1998 , but we still have some!!!!!!!!

here are some photos taken today of my friends taurus .357 LBR (Long Barrel Revolver) , somehow the laws regarded this as a kind of sanitized handgun and so it escaped the ban along with black powder muzzle loading pistols , in fact handguns should never have been banned at all.

go figure!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ASSASSIN

Hi Bvamp

lol yes your right , im thinking of adding a bayonet lug and a 203 under the barrel as its about as long as a bloody carbine lol

the wrist brace looks stupid but to escape the ban any weapon except muzzle loaders must have a minimum length of 24" so it can be classed as a large firearm and not be concealable.

assassin

Yeah that length really catches your attention.....How does the spas12 meet the 24in requirement?

And why inches? You all use the metric system now right? ...and so does Russia who made the weapon....humm.

Thanks for the video.

Hi KY,

barrel lengths are usually manufactured in metric 610mm is roughly 24 inchs we still say barrel lengths in inchs because the law was brought in before we all went fully metric in the uk, so we still say 24 inch barrel.... force of habit i suppose

cheers spas12

PS the spas is made in italy :rolleyes:

Hi KYsoldier

The spas12 originaly had a barrel of less than 24" so to make it legal in the U.K one of its screw on chokes (3/4 choke) was fitted and soft soldered in place at the factory in Italy so that i became a permanent part of the barrel and under U.K law this was accepted as legal. The 24" minimum barrel length law came into force in 1987/1988 as a guy called micheal ryan who lived in a rural town called Hungerford decided to run about with a Chinese type 56-1 and a pistol and shoot people. This resulted in the ban on semi-automatic rifles unless they were chambered in .22 rimfire callibers.

all the best

assassin

Hi there

The saiga seems to have a faster throw time of the bolt (on video it hardly seems to move as it cycles so fast) but on the spas you can visually watch it throw back.

I have owned both guns and in my opinion the recoil is not a lot different , if anything the saiga should recoil more as it feels lighter than the spas (although i have read that they are roughly the same weight) but i think that the saiga design seems to transmit less recoil to your shoulder , i also guess that the weight shift on cycling of the spas could add to the recoil impulse as it has a larger mass of metal to reciprocate on firing , the bolt is connected to a twin action bar section and that in turn is connected to a large alloy gas piston arangement that surrounds the mag tube , i think that this amount of metal is a greater amount of metal to shift when compared to the saigas bolt.i think the shift of balance inside the spas of cycling causes it to buck in the shoulder more . I can fire 3" 50g magnums and it feels more controlable than when i fire 42g 2 3/4in minimags through the spas.

In the video we are both firing 32g 2 3/4in plastic wad no7 shot cartridges.

i think its just a design thing.......how about you?

all the best

assassin