Hey Guys:

I know this is a Saiga forum and everyone is a fan of the Saiga shotguns, but I just can't afford a Saiga 12 or Vepr 12. I'm talking to my counselor about that! :-)

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion of the H&R semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun. It looks like their Pardner Pump, so it doesn't look as cool, but I assume you can still shoot a lot buckshot and slugs at something.

Thanks.

I don't recommend cheap semi auto shotguns.  If you can't afford a good one then get a pump.  There is nothing wrong with a pump.  They work equally well with magnum shells and cheap walmart target loads.

• Like 3

I would have to agree with darth. Whatever your financial position may be, a good pump beats a questionable semi any day.

Unless you're just looking to mess around. ( which your post does not seem to indicate. ) if that's the case, go for it.

But if this gun is meant to fill a role ( home defense, target, competion shooting) I wouldn't waste my time.

Just my 2 cents.

I have the H&R Pardner Pump and it's solid, but I also agree with Darth to not go cheap on a semi-auto 12G.

You can get a Mossberg 930 for around $500 brand new, though I'm sure many guys would call that cheap too.

Get a respected brand with a warranty.

• Like 1

The 930 is the low end of the price range of decent auto shotguns.  I don't say that as a bad thing.  I have a 930 SPX and am VERY happy with it now that I have replaced the pos choate stock and threaded the barrel for chokes.  So I'm around $1k into it to get what I wanted.  I don't usually name my guns but this one I call Beast.

My other tactical shotgun is a Norinco pump I got for $200 new.  The Knoxx stock brought the price up to $280.  I would stake my life on this shotgun without hesitation.

Edited by Darth Saigus

You could probably find a used Remington 870 for just slightly more than a new Pardner. Tried and true.

The 930 is the low end of the price range of decent auto shotguns.  I don't say that as a bad thing.  I have a 930 SPX and am VERY happy with it now that I have replaced the pos choate stock and threaded the barrel for chokes.  So I'm around $1k into it to get what I wanted.  I don't usually name my guns but this one I call Beast.

My other tactical shotgun is a Norinco pump I got for $200 new.  The Knoxx stock brought the price up to $280.  I would stake my life on this shotgun without hesitation.

Good advice I sure plan to follow. Take it for what it's worth.