AR pencil profile aficionados....

What does your pencil profile AR weigh in at?

The Dissipator I just did is a Spikes upper (low profile gas block, fixed rifle length FSB), with a carry handle, MagTac lower, standard milspec lower kit, Spikes T2 buffer kit and a fixed Magpul carbine stock and it weighs 7.36lbs with empty 30rd Pmag, according to my fish scale.

We're doing one for my wife now with the same receiver and lower parts kit but with a carbine buffer and a PSA pencil profile, mid length gas/fixed front sight upper. We're hoping it come in under 7lbs with a carry handle rear sight attached.

I found that while looking for a blog/project build thing I saw a while back. The guy's objectives were some reasonable price point, 5 lbs, and nothing skeletonized to the point of flimsy. Other than an out of production BCG, his requirements for the project also mandated that every part should be reasonably priced current production stuff. 

If I were trying to build something like that, I think I would let the (other) obsessive guy do all the work of finding the best parts in combination for me.