When is enough, enough? 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/22/navy-chaplain-censored-dont-pray-in-name-jesus/

For you atheists, this is not only about religion, though for me it is.  It's also about how far the current wave of liberal thinking will affect our military, much less our way of living. 

I never thought I would EVER see anything like this.  Ever. 

It saddens me daily to see shit like this happen. 

Will this nightmare ever end? 

• Like 3

I know there will be others on this forum that will be along soon to trash this thread with arguments over faith. They have the right to do so, although I disagree with them wholeheartedly. The military chaplain system was designed to support those soldiers who have faith, not to indoctrinate or "convert". As a chaplain, you represent a faith, because that it where your faith rests. This new narrative to force champlains to embrace multiple faiths is a violation of their constitutional rights to exercise freedom of religion. If the government feels faiths are not being represented...bring on more champlains of different faiths. It's not like you don't waste enough of my tax dollars already paying $400 for a toilet seat or $100 for a screwdriver.

Atheists really have it easy, although they do not know it. They have chosen not to believe in God in any form or fashion. That freedom alone should free them from caring about this thread at all...unless Atheism is really their religion. That is their rightful choice. As someone who embraces a faith in Christ, it saddens me, but I will not judge because in many ways I am just like them. There are times I screw up, fail, and disappoint the one I call Savior. I am no better than any man, but I love Him and He is transforming me for the better every single day.

Either way, faith is an important part of many people's (and Soldier's) lives. They should be supported in every aspect, not marginalized.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2

I am not a christian. But this is a disturbing turn. One is not required to attend services, they are there for those who want to attend. I disagree with a gay life style, but that is their right to freedom. Just as its a Christians or Muslims to practice their faith.

The "I don't like your views so you should be fired" crap is just stupid. Another check point as we swirl slowly down the drain.

• Like 3

My son is in the Marine Corp now.  I feel bad that he and others are being stripped of their right to hear a sermon or prayer in Jesus name.  We've come a long way baby.....and it is away from God.  Our nation will pay for it like many before it have that have abandon or rejected the faith.

• Like 3

Wolverine, I would like to say that the Corps is the last bastion that will stand against it.  Though they will probably say in public they they are complying, what really happens is they will not.  Remember, God, Family, Country, Corps.  That is how it has always been, and when shit hits the fan, that is how it will remain.  How is your son doing?  Hope the Teufel Hunden is doing well!

• Like 3

All over the country Christians and conservatives/libertarians are persecuted.

Its a horrible day when a chaplain is forbidden to pray however he believes.

Although I also know that no muzzie will ever be threatened for praying to allah.

• Like 2