Jeric's mag release lever extensions

I just finished installing one of Jerics extensions or quick releasesd on my .223 today! It works great with the factory and Hi cap mags. Another plus is it's easier to install than on the S-12s. Due to the shape of the release levers on all the other Saigas, besides the 12, it has to be mounted on the mag side of the release lever. With the S-12 the screw heads are a little too close to the mag done this way, but since the mags have more clearance on the other Saigas due to the curvature, (especially the AK mags) there is plenty of room if you release the lever after the mag is unlocked.

Next I'm going to check the S-20 and then the .410 to see how it fits. The 7.62 I know will work becuse it is just like the .223.

:smoke:

post-1293-1140046579_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1140046771_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1140046793_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1140046818_thumb.jpg

Cobra,

A nice add and useful information too. I have a commercial dual extender on my WASR-10. Works good for me since I am a lefty. I think Jerics could be flipped over and mounted on the opposite side for the lefties too.

I'm glad to see some of the guys creating and selling their wares for the Saigas. Everyone wins. :super:

Wolverine

Wow, 36 views and the seller doesn't even notice the post... I've been a little tired lately.

Thanks Cobra! Those pics are awesome, I'm glad to see that they'll work for other guns too. That totally kicks ass.

Wolverine, mine can't really be flipped around because of the angle of the bend. I mean, I guess you COULD do it, but it would angle up and hit the bottom of the receiver... and look kinda goofy.

Thanks again Cobra, let us know if they work on any others, too.

Jeric

Update.

I tried it on my S-20 and .410 and the 20 is fine but the .410 won't work unless you have the ten rd counter mags. They have a more forward curve to them. The regular 10 rdrs won't work. they curve almost backwards into the lever. It looks to me like it will work with the .308 as well but that's the only one I don't have so I can't say for sure. The main thing is the mag has to be far enough away from the end of the factory mag release so that you have room for the thickness of the lever and the screw heads.

Wow 36 views so far and no comment. :unsure:

Editing to add, if you have one of these mags like the ones Hi Cap is selling, it will not work with these because of the rib on the back.

Sorry about that guys. I have not done any testing on them with aftermarket parts. Thanks for the headsup though.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to weld it to the back side of the release? I was thinking of drilling a couple holes through the mag side of the release lever and welding directly to the extension. That way there's no bolt heads or thickness added to the mag side...or am I smoking crack? :unsure:

Stop smokin that shit dinzag! j/k

You could weld it and save the space of the screw heads themselves. That would be enough for all but the .410. I think it is way too close unless you have a counter mag.