Saiga Conversion Parts List Help

Hello everyone,

I have two Saiga rifles that I'm looking to convert into something similar to the attached images. I was wondering if someone can help me compile a parts list in what I need to buy inorder to start making some magic happen.

I was also wondering if it's possible to install the G2 FCG if I keep the trigger where it's at, is that possible?

I also don't plan to convert the rifle to accept AK mags, I'll just stick to the stock mags that came with the rifles, will that be an issue with 922r compliance?

Thanks!

post-50793-0-73168300-1449937233_thumb.jpg

post-50793-0-29021800-1449937446_thumb.jpg

OK what does your rifle look like now? Those pics are original imported rifle. If it has already been converted then you have a problem because in order to convert to a AK style rifle you must move the trigger assembly forward which means that the trigger guard was removed and can not be replaced unless you weld it back on.

OK what does your rifle look like now? Those pics are original imported rifle. If it has already been converted then you have a problem because in order to convert to a AK style rifle you must move the trigger assembly forward which means that the trigger guard was removed and can not be replaced unless you weld it back on.

As of now both rifles look like a stock Saiga. Both are totally unconverted.

Hello everyone,

I have two Saiga rifles that I'm looking to convert into something similar to the attached images. I was wondering if someone can help me compile a parts list in what I need to buy inorder to start making some magic happen.

I was also wondering if it's possible to install the G2 FCG if I keep the trigger where it's at, is that possible? NO

I also don't plan to convert the rifle to accept AK mags, (It already accepts AK mags nothing to convert there)  I'll just stick to the stock mags that came with the rifles, will that be an issue with 922r compliance?

Thanks!

As long as you do NOT put a high capacity mag or a pistol grip on the rifle it would not fall under 922r, 922r only comes into affect when you do 1 or both of these.

You can find guys out their that can take your trigger group and polish it until it becomes a very crisp feal...

If you goto the legal section, the list is here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/18530-parts-count-on-saiga-shotguns-and-rifles/

and      http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/31710-922r-compliance-automatic-checklist/

Edited by 308saiga

Actually that list is incorrect, the Pistol Grip is NOT COUNTED, do you see a PG in the pics you posted? No, so it does not count, that list is for the AK rifle NOT Saiga's (with the exception of like the VERP version which is IMPORTED with a PG)....

I hope this helps....

Does it look like this at the moment?

IZ132_0.jpg

Yes, sir! It looks exactly like that. So Basically I'm looking to do a front-end conversion, if that's correct? Can I also install the G2 FCG?

Just to make sure it's out there, I don't plan to do a full AK conversion. I plan to use just the stock Saiga magazines and leaving out the pistol grip. I'm mostly interested in changing the entire front-end, however.

Yes, sir! It looks exactly like that. So Basically I'm looking to do a front-end conversion, if that's correct? Can I also install the G2 FCG?

Just to make sure it's out there, I don't plan to do a full AK conversion. I plan to use just the stock Saiga magazines and leaving out the pistol grip. I'm mostly interested in changing the entire front-end, however.

G2 FCG will NOT work see above, to use a AK FCG you have to convert the rifle. If you mean change out the handguard yes no issues, only adding a PG or high cap mag, which you said you where not going to. Read above about the stock trigger...

G2 FCG will NOT work see above, to use a AK FCG you have to convert the rifle. If you mean change out the handguard yes no issues, only adding a PG or high cap mag, which you said you where not going to. Read above about the stock trigger...

So, it would be possible to fine-tune the stock FCG and it should work just as well?

As far as parts go, all I should need is a handguard set, new gasblock, barrel, muzzlebreak, baynoet lug? I don't even know if I named the parts right

Yes, but in order to install a lower handguard retainer will definitely require the "U" notch being cut (unless using bolt on). The gas block and front sight post may require some modification to the barrel as well. I'm unsure of this as I've never done it before, but it's all about the diameter of each. Perhaps somebody can give you some more information on whether there are any direct replacement parts which can be used or if modification is necessary.