Has the shit storm begun yet?

I hear from a local shop that all the S12's are being recalled?What do you guys know about this?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9691

How does this help with my question?I have read the thread and kept up with it,there is no real answer about the actual outcome.Is RAA recalling?Is Russia Recalling?I just want to know more actual facts over speculation.

See the thread that explains the two main suppliers positions on what is to be done. TopGlock has confirmed those he distributed are to be returned for repair and inspection by ATF. PvtPyle is trying to get special dispensation to make the repairs under their and Tony Rumore's licenses.

The bottom line is the ATF is going to want to account for the "fix" on every SBS that was imported. I would not rule out an eventual home visit if you have one and don't return it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9816

Wolverine

Ok so not a total recall then?I am one of the few that is getting an EAA version.

TEXASAK73,

Good question. I don't think so it if it is a true 19" but I don't know with certainty. Why don't you PM whichever of these two guys you did business with.....or if neither, pose your question in an email to RAAC off their website:

http://www.raacfirearms.com/contact.htm

Wolverine

Ok so not a total recall then?I am one of the few that is getting an EAA version.

If your Saiga-12 says imported by EAA(in Florida), you are not going to need to ship yours to RAA.

Unless the ATF wants to inspect every single S-12 on the manifest for the boatload that came over with the SBS units onboard. :unsure:

Wolverine

If your Saiga-12 says imported by EAA(in Florida), you are not going to need to ship yours to RAA.

Unless the ATF wants to inspect every single S-12 on the manifest for the boatload that came over with the SBS units onboard. :unsure:

Wolverine

I may be wrong , RAA shouldnt have gotten weapons that have an EAA import stamp on them.

The receivers should have EAA buffed out, and the barrel should have an RAA import mark.

Edited by expeditionx

Wolverine

I may be wrong , RAA shouldnt have gotten weapons that have an EAA import stamp on them.

The receivers should have EAA buffed out, and the barrel should have an RAA import mark.

Just speculating but I think he meant he was getting or has an EAA model that had been scrolled over with RAA marking. Either that or he found a rare one that pre-dated the suspect boatload and is an EAA model that RAAC had no part in importing. But I believe he meant the former.

Wolvie

Wolverine

Just speculating but I think he meant he was getting or has an EAA model that had been scrolled over with RAA marking. Either that or he found a rare one that pre-dated the suspect boatload and is an EAA model that RAAC had no part in importing. But I believe he meant the former.

Wolvie

I figured he meant he was buying an EAA S-12 imported before the suspected boatload. Hard to find anymore.

The S12 I'm getting is one of the last EAA imports before they dried up.Mine has nothing to do with RAA at all.

Cool. So expedition was correct. No need to ship that baby anywhere but out to the range. Enjoy!!!

Wolverine

Yeah I am stoked,I decided to get this over a PTR91 this year.I have been wanting one for quite some time,and the AK smith I use had a few left,so I jumped on it and I bought another AK pistol as well.Both shipped today,I should have them both in my hands by the end of the week at the latest.

Now if those 10 round mags come to fruition or Tapco gets off the pot with their poly 8 rounders I will be in heaven.