I keep telling my wife we can move anywhere that a HomeDepot is hiring. Being a contractor is much more fun, though, and allows a lot more freedom (because, I have acquired skills).

Not a fan of the $15 thing. Minimum wage is supposed to be an entry-level/non-living wage.

Edited by Sim_Player

Think of min wage this way :

You sell cars. Gov decides the minim price of a car is 20k. Now the cats you've been selling are valued at 10k. What does this mean for you?

Well it means that those that were selling 20k cars will be the only ones of value and your 10k cars are worthless

Your time and skill is your product. If your time and skill are suddenly mandated at over price then those skills are now off less value since those with more skill will be able to do less work than they have been for the same price.

If you told me tomorrow I could go build guns for the same money I make as a field engineer I'd quit in a great beat.

If you tell a woman she can make a much folding blouses in a department store as she can with her MBA what do you think she'll do?