pistol builds don't need virgin receivers anymore?

I think the commonality of this excellent discussion has central to its theme whether or not the BATFE will continue to morph when it comes to recent firearm configuration "rulings"?  IF ONE could have reasonable expectation of NOT having a BATFE death warrant serving SWAT TEAM bust down your front door conducing a "no knock" warrant less search for an arm brace totally legal AR15 or other pistol, that would be cool.

Will the BATFE seemingly soften its appearance and actions?  We have the right to expect such.  Do not know if we will receive any.  Their rulings do change.  An example would be M16 bolt carriers in AR15 builds.  Used to be legal.  Then suddenly they were not legal.  Then again they changed their minds and they were legal.  This started in about 1985-6 or so.  I had to provide many FFL copies at that time to the BATFE.

The two, (2) times when I had personal one on one eyeball verbal interactions with the BATFE, I got the distinct instinctive memory and bad vibes of dealing with the Gestapo or SS as a Jewish Person during WW2 while living in Switzerland.  Safe but with a distinct non safe feeling.  They were rude to the point of violence.  But what can a lowly FFL dealer do?  Especially a former SOT dealer?  You grin and bear it.  Long ago.

Finally.  My post is pointless and too long?  Yea.  Will the arm brace ruling stick or will it change again?  Is the BATFE rolling over to play nice and look warm and fuzzy to the Trump administration?  Dunno.  My fear is they are NOT and will not change their stripes.  Lots of folks here deal with the BATFE constantly.  I salute you for your patience.  Needing no SBR tax stamp for a fun personal AR15 build holds its attractions.  Yikes!

Respectfully.

Maybe many of them are tiring of creating so much insignificant minutia for them to enforce (and face potential liability if they do not enforce) and want to focus on brazen disregard for the more important things. That's how it seems from this side of the equation.