Ok with so many questions about the 10/22 stuff I have posted I am starting this new post as to not hijack the other one.

I will start of by saying I have been shooting the 10/22 for about 20 years and they are awsome guns. My dad had and old one from the 70's with a 3x9x small objective (don't remember size) and we shot the heck out of it as kids. When I turned 18 the first gun I bought was a 10/22 due to price and the price to shoot it. Then not too long ago I picked up one for a project, then all of a sudden I have 6 of them. With the price of ammo theses days you can build the 10/22 into just about any style firearm you want and still be shooting the inexpensive .22 ammo.

Here is the main pic that got this started:

DSC04277.jpg

The top 2 are used guns I bought since the price was very right at the time this pic was taken I had stolen the FCG out to use in the pistol.

The next one is one I bought new as I needed for the underfolder project (I did not have the top 2 yet)

The last rifle is the very first gun I bought. It has a Ramline folder, Tasco 3-9x40 and a Bsquare bipod. I have run the thousands of round through this gun. Enough to have worn out BC Hot Lip magazines.

The pistol is just another cool project.

I just picked up another like new 10/22 just because the price was right. This stuff is not getting any cheeper.

I will start with the underfolder project. Many years ago there was a company that made similar stocks and I decided that I wanted one. Well the price of those stocks is about $200+ when you can find them. I decided to build my own.

I started with a standard wood stock and cut the back off a standard stock and roughed it up really good;

DSC00440.jpg

I then built up the back with Super Mend:

DSC00595.jpg

After lots of sanding I got it squared up to fit an AK underfolding stock I had picked up cheep. I also used a stud with wood taping on one side and machine screw on the other to mount an AR grip I had laying around:

DSC00597.jpg

I then did lots of sanding and shaping to get the stock the shape and feel I wanted. The bbl is also threaded for my suppressor and I use a AR A1 flash hider as a thread protector:

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

Ok, now the pistol project. I had seen a few that were being built by high end companies and I thought this might be some cheep fun. Way cheeper then a AR, HK, AK, ect pistols.

To be legal I had to order a virgin receiver. I had a spare bbl so I cut it down and used a stock that my buddy had got that someone has cut the back off of:

DSC02753.jpg

I decided that the bbl was a little long for use with my suppress so I cut it down a bit more prior to having it threaded:

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

I then found a grip I wanted to use. It is an Ergo Grip for the AR (it is what I use on my AR's)

DSC03114.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

For some reason I have been having issues get a stud to work with this grip so I got mad and just decided to "glue" it in place:

DSC04767.jpg

I still have a bit of work to do. I just Duracoated the BBL and it is downstairs drying. I need to do another fill job around the grip with some Super Mend then I will be ready to hit the finish stages.

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking.

chris - I thought everybody has a 10/22 as well as a springfield mod 15 single shot???

(whats the matter with you???) :)

No shit!!!! I do have a Marlin model 60 though, the older model with the hi cap (18 rnd) tube mag. does that qualify? I know it is weird I dont have a 10/22, I have just been trying to complete my combat shotgun and asssault rifle collections before they ban them again. I'm almost there, then I will move onto the more "normal" stuff. In defense of my Marlin though, the thing is like a friggin laser, Its really something, incredibly accurate and only $65!!!!

Back on topic though, anyone ever use the MG 34 kits they make for the 10/22"s, are they junk or what? kinda cool lookin in pictures.

• 7 months later...

Nice set of 10/22s. I like the way you did the underfolder similar to the way I added an AR collapsible stock to mine. I used fiberglass and epoxy to build up the end and an aluminum threaded adapter to attach the stock. The adapter was made from aluminum barstock.

Finished stock

http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/31275

Built up grip

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php/photo...75/ppuser/31275

Adapter and AR stock

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php/photo...28/ppuser/31275

I plan to add a pistol grip to replace the horizontal grip. I did this before Tapco came out with their stock and someone in Michigan did one before me with a straight stock. I wanted to be able to use the rifle and allow my children to use the same rifle by adjusting the stock.

The pistol is a nice one. How did you get a receiver for it? I want to build one myself and make another one to look like my Saiga so I can afford to shoot an AK lookalike which is more reliable than the Romy WASR-22.