What might they look like?

6.5" evl grade Saiga 12

post-22401-0-43182000-1521810689_thumb.jpg

8.75" V12SS Vepr 12

post-22401-0-16364900-1521810743_thumb.jpg

ETA: There is a little footage of it with the can at the end. Video doesn't do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwUr3klvJA

• Like 1

Great idea, but it needs a shroud to even out the looks.

I was thinking more along just running the can in 8" long instead of 12" long. I am waiting for the 8" rod kit to arrive.

holy hell those are yuuuuuuuuuugge!  how well they sound in shortest config?

HB, they go for 8-1k plus stamp.  salvo-12

No clue on how they sound at 6". Judging from Silencerco's description of the can one is left to assume it becomes less impressive shorter than 8", so I skipped the 6" rod kit and just ordered the 8".

They look cool.  How well do they work and how much do they cost.  The big shotgun cans.

It sounds great in 12" configuration with slow loads. Federal Top Gun 2.75 dram sounds amazing, but I could not find any of that locally. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a shotgun Can is necessary.  I can understand why.  Kids.  Grandkids.  You know how they want to test the deep adult waters by not doing what we ask them to do.  I was like that.   Still remember my ears ringing for DAYS NOT wearing ear plugs while shooting trap.  That plus the shotgun did not fit me.  Left Handed.  12 gage.  I was about 12-13.  Had a fat lip in 25 rounds.  Headache in 50 rounds.

I can easily imagine having an effective CAN for a shotgun.  Extremely important.

• Like 2

It is certainly a different experience. Takes the concussion right out of it. I would imagine it would be an asset inside of a small area as well, like a home, but I have only tried it outdoors.

I really wish more ammunition manufacturers would market their subsonic loads as subsonic loads or make the fps large enough on the box to see without glasses.

large enough on the box to see without glasses.

ah, first world problems!!!

what i would really like to see is take one of those fancy gas blocks you had designed, extend it slightly and have it threaded 23 or 24 mm maybe like an ak74 fsb, run a reflex can down over the barrel, maybe permanently affix the silencer to make bbl length 18+"  for 1 stamp guys.  make it look like a VSS or Vityaz or whatever that 9x39 gun is...  use the slant cut vepr as its kinda ugly as is...

• Like 1