Hey guys Ive been browsing this site for a couple of days and reading about your conversions and ect. Well today I picked up my Saiga-12. Its a 2001 22" fixed site model with unthreaded barrel and plain no rail gas tube it also does NOT have the bolt hold open. For this little Gem I paid 199.95 plus tax and it included 2 5rd mags and was in almost new condition. What do you all think? Did I pay too much or did I get it for the going rate?

Go buy a lottery ticket now with that luck! That's about half price (or less).....great catch! :up: That's an Uberbargain.

Next question.....Where did you get it?????

Edited by tritium

Go buy a lottery ticket now with that luck! That's about half price (or less).....great catch! :up:

:devil: thats about what I payed for my last one :devil:

Ops nevermind

Funny Mark :lolol::lolol:

Go buy a lottery ticket now with that luck! That's about half price (or less).....great catch! :up:

Ops nevermind

Actually I found it on the used rack at my local Dealer. Bobs Sporting Goods here in Hazleton, PA. I dont know If I want to keep it original or cut it down to 18.5" and have it threaded and converted to PG configuration.... I was thinking about do that with one of the new RAA imports.

Ops nevermind

Actually I found it on the used rack at my local Dealer. Bobs Sporting Goods here in Hazleton, PA. I dont know If I want to keep it original or cut it down to 18.5" and have it threaded and converted to PG configuration.... I was thinking about do that with one of the new RAA imports.

I'd just go ahead and convert it. Who knows when the next shipment to RAA will get here. If you want a conversion that is.

$200?!?!? Son of a bitc* that's a helluva a price; you got a diamond in the rough with that. I've been looking everyday for one at a great price, and I'm gonna give up my search in a week and just order one at $400.

You could easily sell it right now for ~$450-550 on gunbroker. Nice buy!

You lucky bastard!.I bought mine at Bob's Army/Navy in Clearfield,PA about two months ago(no relation!).It was the only one they had,the mag was missing,and I paid $425 for it!.Had to have one,though.Congrats!. :haha:

Edited by Telly458
Scoutjoe: You wouldnt happen to be the former owner of this piece of treasure would you? :haha::haha:

sell a saiga? :cryss: no i'm not the previous owner but hazleton sounds familiar as in close to here but since i'm not from around here (williamsport) i could be a bit confuddled...jack and coke does that to ya :smoke:

telly485...clearfield area? or just stopped by bob's and got lucky? and did you ever find a mag?

Well Its official Im going to send it off to Tony @ Tromix for the ol conversion... Although Im not getting the Ace Sidefolder Im thinking about either a Nato or a warsaw Pact length Standard AK butt and a standard Pistol grip. I dont know If I should just leave her cylinder bore or get it threaded for chokes. Of course I could always Sacrifice my Side folder and trunnion from the AK-74 kit... but that might make parts count expensive and difficult. oooh how about an underfolder? I know Id be the first with an underfolder Saiga!

Scoutjoe-

Bob's is about an hour's drive for me.I looked at the same gun about a year or so earlier-guess no one else wanted it without the mag.I ended up snagging a 5 rounder for it at the expomart show in Feb..I traded a chinese ak drum for it!.What can I say,I was desperate to shoot it.

Edited by Telly458
Actually, GOB has an underfolder Saiga .410... so you might be the SECOND...

Still ... nothing wrong with that!!! :up:

:smoke:

Yeah But mine would be an Underfolder Saiga 12 so ill still be a first in some respect... thats even if I go with the underfolder I think I might just stick with the standard AK stock.

Scoutjoe-

Bob's is about an hour's drive for me.I looked at the same gun about a year or so earlier-guess no one else wanted it without the mag.I ended up snagging a 5 rounder for it at the expomart show in Feb..I traded a chinese ak drum for it!.What can I say,I was desperate to shoot it.

oh man i wish i would of found you before hand i would of swapped you a 5rd+ cash for that ak drum, i'm about 2 hours from there, give or take if i get stuck behind a coal truck climbing the mountians