Replaced my Saiga .308 16" with a 22" EAA import.

329.00 Shipped new in box,I should have her home this weekend.I have some verys serious plans for this rifle and conversion.

I'm planning on converting this one to use Galil mags,move the front sight back to allow threading for a brake or flash hider,install a 1000 meter rear sight.I have not found the brake I want yet.(need some links)Install an adjustable RSA trigger set,use the new Ergo rubber grip and I found the buttstock I want to use.You might think me crazy but magpul makes and awesome AR precison stock.The stock is over 200.00 but it has the fetures I want,adjustable cheek piece and butt.Just look at the attachment and visualize the outcome.

I need some help with how to attach it to the Saiga receiver.I know ACE makes stock adapters,and a pignose adapter to use AR stocks on AK frames.I need a buffer tube to use with this stock and it should work fine.Any suggestions?

http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/storefront.asp?pgID=3

Look at this link to see better pics.

post-476-1142472605_thumb.jpg

Sounds sweet!

The cost is going to be a bit high, but it sounds to me like it would be worth it. I mean, sure, for the same price as the rifle plus parts and time you could buy one of the top of the line PTR 91s.... but it's all about getting what you want. I don't mean to be discouraging, I have just had some issue with money vs. ... everything. lol

Personally, I'd preffer to have all of the equipment necessary to make that kind of stuff myself. Let's not even mention the time involved...

Sounds sweet!

The cost is going to be a bit high, but it sounds to me like it would be worth it. I mean, sure, for the same price as the rifle plus parts and time you could buy one of the top of the line PTR 91s.... but it's all about getting what you want. I don't mean to be discouraging, I have just had some issue with money vs. ... everything. lol

Personally, I'd preffer to have all of the equipment necessary to make that kind of stuff myself. Let's not even mention the time involved...

I just cannot bring myself to owning an H&K clone based solely on H&K's attitude about cilvilans owning their products.I'd rather have a DPMS .308 Carbine for my MBR.Besides half the fun of this hobby is making something your very own personal rifle.

I have weighed the cost and it will still cost less to convert than my .223 saiga.I have over 1K into it but is a all worth it to me once it is completed.

Saiga .223 Rifle 225.00

AK-100 folder 150.00

Ak-100 gas/FSB combo 80.00

10 5.56 Bulgarian mags 250.00

Tapco G2 FCG 30.00

Ultimak Upper and lower Rail 300.00

Ergo grip 25.00

Cost to convert plus remaining misc parts and return shipping(barrel extension,US upper and lower hand guards)450.00

Total:1510.00 give or take shipping fees over the last couple of years.

I figure the .308 will cost less.

Saiga .308 Rifle 350.00

Magpul stock 255.00

RSA trigger 90.00

Ergo grip 25.00

Ace tangless receiver block 35.00

Pignose adapter 20.00

Standard buffer tube 12.00

Brake 60.00

10 Galil mags 175.00 (optional)

Cost to convert 250.00

Total 1097.00-1272.00 give or take some shipping fees.This will be a work in progress and I will buy a part as bills permit until I have all of the parts needed.Nopt much less but it will be the big brother to complement my .223 rifle.

Are you selling your 16" saiga?

To ME?

I sold my 16" to my uncle last year in hopes of scoring a Vepr .308 with 5-10 mags but deal fell through and I used the money on another firearm purchase.

thanks

love the stock

dont forget the ace hinge for it

Are you selling your 16" saiga?

To ME?

I sold my 16" to my uncle last year in hopes of scoring a Vepr .308 with 5-10 mags but deal fell through and I used the money on another firearm purchase.

thanks

love the stock

dont forget the ace hinge for it

lol I did not think about folding it but I suppose I might as well

GOD DAMNIT!!! thats it... you are BANNED!!!

YOU should have shown me that STOCK BEFORE I SPENT $140.00 at ACE for one!!!! damn you!!!

Now I will need to buy one of those... YOU SUCK!!!!

I will add my 2 cents, here though... SERIOUSLY...

That stock looks absolutely awesome... and yes, I DO plan to buy one now that I see it... Although I will be utilizing it on an AR15, with a 24" fluted, stainless target barrel... the sub 1/2" group type barrel...

I would almost say its TOO much stock for a Saiga .308!!!

It looks like its designed for serious target shooting... but... with anything... if it fits, and fits right, it will give fast target aquisition, and honestly... it REALLY DOES look fucking BADASS!!!! :up: :up:

:smoke:

Like I said before, it truly is worth it to have something exactly as you want it. I wasn't aware that HK had any problems related to civilian ownership of their firearms though. I'm interested to hear what you have to say regarding this.*

I think I can very reasonably agree with you about an AR-10, but why a carbine? Personally, I think the capabilities of the 308 are wasted in a barrel less than 20" (18" is arguable ;).

Tokageko

* I'm not trying to start an argument. I just wonder if you've seen a press release or something that I haven't. Thanks. :)

Like I said before, it truly is worth it to have something exactly as you want it. I wasn't aware that HK had any problems related to civilian ownership of their firearms though. I'm interested to hear what you have to say regarding this.*

I think I can very reasonably agree with you about an AR-10, but why a carbine? Personally, I think the capabilities of the 308 are wasted in a barrel less than 20" (18" is arguable ;).

Tokageko

* I'm not trying to start an argument. I just wonder if you've seen a press release or something that I haven't. Thanks. :)

It is H&K's tendency to not market their Military style weapons to civilians.When was the last time you could go out and buy a new manufactured MP5 or a G36?

I like the carbine it is plenty effective for what I plan to shot at.

HK used to sell all of their firearms at very affordable prices, even to civilians. It wasn't until an import ban that their rifles and carbines became unavailable. At least, that's the story I've gotten from older gun collectors.

HK used to sell all of their firearms at very affordable prices, even to civilians. It wasn't until an import ban that their rifles and carbines became unavailable. At least, that's the story I've gotten from older gun collectors.

yes back in the good ol' days we could and I would have if I had the money and the years to legal to buy them.But those days are gone and H&K has made it clear they have no plans to produce civi versions of their military weapons.I even sent emails asking about plans to produce a civi G36 and the response was less than encouraging.

Hmmmm. I know it was an executive order that stopped importation the first time. I wonder if the wording, or terms, of that order could have something to do with their attitude. If their designs are named specifically, that could go a long way toward keeping them from marketing civilian versions. It's a similar situation if the ATF is responsible. Add to that the fact that gun laws are very restrictive in most other countries where people could afford their products, and there's probably no incentive to produce "civilian versions". <shudder> (hate using those words)

Either way, I personaly don't see it as a reason to boycot the "design". Maybe the "company", but not the rifle. That's just my take though. AS always, this is a free country and everyone is entitled to their oppinions.

While it is true that HK does not like to sell their rifles and carbines to civilians. HK91 clones, such as the PTR 91, are made in CT. That is like I do not like Colts so I will not buy a Bushmaster. Also if you can find a place to buy 10 Galil hi-cap 308 mags for $170, please tell me where because that last two that I bought were $80 a piece.

The Galils are another group I'd like to see imported again. My father had the chance to get one (in 223) for $200 US the last time he was over there on business. Unfortuneatly, he couldn't have brought it back. Sucks eh?

I think the saiga in 308 is the best bang for our buck out there right now. I like my French MAS 49/56 308nato Commando Rifle and my Cetme but my Russian Izhmash Saiga is brand spankin new not a rework. If i my saiga was available back then and i purchased it first i would of bought no other 308 rifle.

My saiga's are staying orginal for now and if you want to trick out your saiga i say go for it the sky is the limit do it up make her look awesome!!!

BTW; I like my 16" barreled saiga in 308 while i have a NIB unshot 22" barreled 308 it just sits in the safe growing roots for now.

Edited by Unknown Poster
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought about that stock too for my upcoming conversion, but decided to go a different way.

BUT if you want it, yyou should wait a little bit, cause magpul is making a longer cheekpiece for non AR platforms (specifically the sig556, but same connector as an AR)...

see here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=150266

magpul RULES. I do have aPRS for my precision AR, but I thought it would ad WAY too much weight to an already weighty saiga. it's a HEAVY stock....

see here about half way down (I'm chapperjoe there too!)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...t=262801&page=4

I thought about that stock too for my upcoming conversion, but decided to go a different way.

BUT if you want it, yyou should wait a little bit, cause magpul is making a longer cheekpiece for non AR platforms (specifically the sig556, but same connector as an AR)...

see here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=150266

magpul RULES. I do have aPRS for my precision AR, but I thought it would ad WAY too much weight to an already weighty saiga. it's a HEAVY stock....

see here about half way down (I'm chapperjoe there too!)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...t=262801&page=4

Well I'm sold now for sure,I do not mind the heavy weight of my saiga.

TEXASAK73,

That is almost the same wish list I have in mind for my PSL.

Going to take me a good while to get the money though.

Plus, I'll have to modify the back of the reciever.

Anyway, I wish you luck and please keep us posted.

A|G

Edited by A|G