which would you choose?

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

which would you buy if you had $300or more?

saiga 7.62

saiga 308 (synthetic black stock)

AK-47

romak 2 ak

WASR-10 ak

Maadi Egyptian AK-47 black finish

or save 825 f.ucking dollars for an AK-103?

Edited by FULL_AUTO_990

Fullauto--Agree with Gaddis--Pick up a milled receiver Arsenal SA M7 or SA M7S for 6 to 7 hundred bucks. Go to k-var.com and out on the Arsenal link to check the whole product line. I keep hearing that Arsenal is going to start building their AK's on stamped receivers and whether they continue building the milled ones is questionable. May be some future collector value in the milled units????? At any rate, there is a lot of quality in the Arsenal piece.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

im thinking about buying a WASR-10 or (romanian romak2) for $260-290. comes with 30rnd mag. is this a good rifle??cus i plan on buying it.

do you know of any sites that sell the Maadi Egyptian AK-47 black finish???? :killer:

Maadis are of varying quality, and are no longer imported.

WASR-10 is a curent conversion of a current production rifle. They are not the best finished but they work reliably. They aren't the most accurate but are usually alright. From most of your inquiries, I'd say it'll work well for you. Better than a Maadi for sure. It or a Norinco AK would be a good choice if you are not about to do a Saiga conversion or prefer the standard AKM pattern and furniture.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

is it possible to buy black furniture for the WASR-10, on the k-var site i saw a 3auto burst trigger group they have for sale. will that work in the gun?? is it possible to buy longer barrels for it? make it full auto/select fire?

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

on k-var.com they have a trigger group for the romanian ak-47. it is a 3shot auto burst.

is the WASR-10 and romanian ak-47 the same gun?

where can i buy one for cheap?

i found WASR-10 for $290

found romanian ak-47 for $260.

There are full auto / select fire parts out there for sale.

It is NOT legal to use them or even have them along with a gun that can use them.

Unless you want to pay $10,000 for a pre 1986 registered full auto AK, just accept that you'll have semi-auto only.

You can simulate full auto by mastering a technique called bump-firing where you use the recoil of the gun to vibrate your finger instead of consciously pulling it each time. You can also get a crank attachment called a gat trigger that pulls the trigger repeatedly as you crank it.

For all these purposes, a WASR-10 is probably the most fitting rifle. When someone sells a Romanian AK, it's either a WASR, a SAR, a WUM, a CUR, or a ROMAK, which are all very very similar, and are in order of increased rarity/collectibility.

The latter three are 100% Romanian and will come with thumbhole stocks unless modified. If they've been legally modified to have a Pistol grip, they'll be the same as an SAR-1, which is basically the same thing but with US compliance parts and a separate pistol grip.

WASRs begin life as single stack rifles, and some are given US parts and converted to standard hi-cap AK mags. Others are left as single stacks and should cost far less. If a Romanian AK is too much lower than $300, it's probably a low-cap WASR-10.

You can spot a WASR-10 a mile away, because while the others have dimples above the mag well, the WASRs do not. Neither do Russian Saigas, but that's a whole different animal.

My advice is to get a WASR-10 and lots of ammo. Unless you are already a practised markman AND plan to carefully aim most of your shots, there's no reason to spend hundreds more on a milled Bulgarian or yet more on a custom gun. Just buy more ammo and magazines.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

:killer: ok so it is illegal to install a 3shot burst group trigger in a romack? if it is illlegal why does K-VAR.com sell the 3hot triggers and full auto repair kits?

would a full auto repair kit convert a semi auto romack to full auto?

and how do you bump fire and what is the purpose?

I don't know the details of the technique of bump firing. I don't care for it myself. The purpose is to simulate full auto without having a gun that is full auto, which would be illegal, while bump firing is legal.

The full auto parts are legal to own if you don't have an AK. Some people buy them for intellectual use, some for pre-approved law enforcement use, some for repair of the few registered AKMs, some use parts that were full auto but convert them to semi (this is shaky, for some it's still illegal to use them), some just to say "ooh, I got a full auto part, whoohoo!", some to use in case the next war comes to our soil (I am of the opinion that converting our semi-autos to full auto in such a situation is a technologically bad idea), and some break the law.

As far as whether such a kit would work, you would have to have compatible internals and do some receiver modification. The "third hole" that would accomodate this is a dead giveaway that the rifle has been illegally modified. In fact it alone contitutes an illegal gun.

Remember, if you have a folding stock, flash hider, bayonet lug, short barrel, or similar illegal modification you won't get caught unless someone sees the rifle or asks to.

But if you fire full auto, it's a dead giveaway for miles around. And it's among the most fiercely prosecuted gun ownership offenses.

I would like to reiterate my recommendation of a hi-cap WASR-10 for your needs/wants, and plenty of magazines (including drums) and ammo. If you think you're good enough, optics too, but not too pricey. From everything you describe it's the way to go.

As much as I wouldn't want to direct traffic away from saiga12.com, www.gunsnet.net in the AK section will have far more to say about this than I. I should warn you, though, they do bite.

Yeh, I have had cops show up after I bump fired a few mags. Its not fun. They tend to want your name, and to inspect your gun, then they check what other guns are registered to you and demand you to produce them all and then check those too. Bumping a gun is fun and all, but its a pain to get the hang of, and when you do know how to do it, you just waste ammo for a quick thrill. Ive been trying to bump my saiga 12 gauge, but I think I need to work on my trigger some more to get the lighter pull on it first..

I mostly agree with BattlerifleG3 on the WASR, but the SAR1 is also a decent gun for the price, if you dont have enough cash on hand when you buy it.

I know where to get fire control parts that you are looking for, but I know you arent going to use them for anything other than putting them illegally into your gun when you get it, so I am not going to help you break the law :) sorry

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

does the K-var trigger group work? they have repair kits for full auto triggers and 3 shot trigger its self. if i wanted the 3auto burst, is that all i need is the trigger its self?

:unsure: Sigh.....He does'nt get it does he......No offense, but stuff like that can get you into the clink for a long time......I may be new, but I at least know that is illegal..... Edited by Hutch
Guest FULL_AUTO_990

i am aware that full auto is illegal if you do not have a class 3 liscense, which my dad is soon to get, so ill stick with a 3-auto burst group for now. so does k-var sell them? does it include everything i need to make it work?

It is still a POST 86 AUTOMATIC WEAPON!, Ergo.....It Is illegal unless you are a LEO, or military, and have the paper work. I'm not trying to be an ass.....but you are on your way up river.....and losing all of your 2nd amendment rights.

Edited by Hutch
dude 3-auto burst triggers are legal in ohio, just not fully auto.

no its not. no full auto is a federal law. you're looking at a huge fine, jail time, and huge lawyer fees if you do that... well, actually your dad would be the one going to jail.

if you order the control group from utah, and you have it,and your dad owns one or same LIKE action, and your dad is your guardian (you arent 21 or 25 yet, thats all insurance per state), then its still his property. not good. dont do it bro. :) buy it before you register one to you, BURY it in oil, and then never touch it again...thats all i can tell ya, ok? listen to these guys....ohio is EASIER to APPLY for class 3 machine gun permits than like where I am, or where KySoldier is. ask these guys. dont do it bro. we are trying to save you some heartache/trouble.

how do they charge you when they catch you? lets go over what they arrest and print you for:

one is for violating the NFA....you change the definition of the weapon (machine gun: possession of part or whole of that can which be readily used or fitted, with or without modification, to fire more than one round per pull of a trigger, wihtout manipulation of other parts....(in a nutshell, in case you havent seen the FEDERAL law on it.(federal law has juristiction over state laws)), I dont advise it if you want to keep your SAR1 that you want dad to hold for you).....

one is for the assault weapons ban...fire control addition

one is for the gangster laws...what? 1920ish? no full auto, + serial numbers for all (the real NFA)

one is for illegal weapons possession because you BROKE the law with a GUN (dont ask me how that works, it just happens, ok?)

if in car, one more for illegal transport

if in out of state car when stopped: one more

in in state, but in stolen vehicle: another felony

plus, there are local laws, like wher you can shoot, how many guns you can have on a premisis, how many you can have in a motor vehicle, types of rounds, how MANY rounds, etc etc etc.

I believe all but one of the above circumstances are felonies (that is how they think they are protecting our gun rights....YEEESH instant misdermeanor), and in ALL 50 states constitutes forfeiture of your firearms until court decides what to do. plus you do 2 months mandatory for the misdermeanor in all 50 states effective immediately. (I think they do that so if there is a shooting, they can hold suspects legally), by the time they are done with you, yer done for good. that is how it is, i dont know what to tell ya. be a man. live by the law even if it sucks.

most guns go up in value now, once fired. they drop because its used, but they tend to not go down. DONT modify your weapon if you arent "hardcore" with your stuff.........you can resell it for a lot more if you need to. (to get MORE cheap guns, which i like....see below...)

by the way, I love cheap guns!

Edited by Bvamp
:chris: oh by the way, all you need is to bend off a flathead screwdriver above an AK type trigger to make it full auto for a few mags....DONT DO IT BY THE WAY! dude dont buy a fire control group.....9/10ths of the time you are getting ripped off anyway... :chris:
Guest FULL_AUTO_990

that flat head screwdriver thing, im shure is the thing that once you pull the trigger once and let go, it will keep firing full auto by its self untill it runs out of ammo. my dad is in the airforce, he said he can apply for the class 3 liscense for like $200. so i can give him the money to get the gun, registered in his name, and i can shoot the gun semi, burst, or full auto under his supervision. so therefor legal for my dad to have a select fire firearm. :killer:

Manufacture of a F/A firearm requires a Class 2.

Possession of a Military Only or LE Only firearm by a civilian is a felony offense, even if it's "registered" to your father. Remember that such a firearm can only be possessed by Military or LEO and are to be used only for Military or LE business conduct, as per Federal law.

I don't know why you're so set on F/A man. I've fired F/A and true, it's fun at first but you know what? F/A weapons are lead hoses. I can make better use out of well placed S/A shots than F/A. The only reason you'd need or want F/A is if you want to lay down suppressive fire... for which there is no sporting reason. You can't exactly go out into the woods and lay down suppressive fire so the deer don't advance on your position. Well, you can but you'd not only look quite stupid doing so but you'd also have the DNR and BATF on your quicker than you can empty a mag in F/A.

Listen to everyone kid, don't test the laws. Especially if your father is in the USAF. It'll go badly for him and for you.

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

so my dad is allowed to have a select fire weapon, as long as he has the $200 tax thing, and uses is for military work? he cant go out in a friends field and shoot a dirtpile back stop full auto just to practice?

i dont see the point to spend $700-$2100 for a semi auto when you can have a select fire for the same or cheaper, cus then you get your moneys worth.

what if my dad had a the tax thing, and had a select fire weapon, but only shot semi auto at a target in his back yard?( 500 feet away from houses/ dirt pile back stop).