Need help with Elite Firearms

On a personal note, what experience have you had with Elite Firearms that makes you qualified to educate others? Have you actually delt with the man or are you just taking everything that is said in an internet chat room at face value with total disregard to its validity? So far the only two people that have actually had experience with Dave agree that he is difficult to work with but will eventually get the gun to me. It is great that everyone else thinks that he is an ass hole, but unless you have an experience with him you are willing to share, I am going to have to defer to those who have real experiences.

Here are my experiences. (you really need to work on your search skills)

I'm not sure where you were going with your dissertation, but bottom line is, Dave is screwing you or you wouldn't have begun this thread. therefore, step up and take it to the next level or remain mute.

I was given the run around by Gary Guccino (Soltice Arms). You'll have to do a search on him since i don't have time to give you the whole story on this loser.

Anyway, instead of worrying about him ruining my gun if i complained, I e-mailed him and offered to have a friend who lived local to him physically pick up the gun from his house so that my friend could mail it since Gary was giving me the run around. My friend also happened to be with the Bureau of Kansas Investigation (gary lived in KS). This apparently got Garys attention and he promptly mailed my gun. However, i made provisions on my own.

I suggest you move forward with the next step. At a minimum, I would request my gun and payment back from Dave. You may have to eat shipping, but consider that your penelty for not doing thorough research.

Caspian

On a personal note, what experience have you had with Elite Firearms that makes you qualified to educate others? Have you actually delt with the man or are you just taking everything that is said in an internet chat room at face value with total disregard to its validity? So far the only two people that have actually had experience with Dave agree that he is difficult to work with but will eventually get the gun to me. It is great that everyone else thinks that he is an ass hole, but unless you have an experience with him you are willing to share, I am going to have to defer to those who have real experiences.

Here are my experiences. (you really need to work on your search skills)

I'm not sure where you were going with your dissertation, but bottom line is, Dave is screwing you or you wouldn't have begun this thread. therefore, step up and take it to the next level or remain mute.

I was given the run around by Gary Guccino (Soltice Arms). You'll have to do a search on him since i don't have time to give you the whole story on this loser.

Anyway, instead of worrying about him ruining my gun if i complained, I e-mailed him and offered to have a friend who lived local to him physically pick up the gun from his house so that my friend could mail it since Gary was giving me the run around. My friend also happened to be with the Bureau of Kansas Investigation (gary lived in KS). This apparently got Garys attention and he promptly mailed my gun. However, i made provisions on my own.

I suggest you move forward with the next step. At a minimum, I would request my gun and payment back from Dave. You may have to eat shipping, but consider that your penelty for not doing thorough research.

Caspian

Just an FYI, He has his own little sales, Q&A section over on Warifles.com you may want to post over there. I can cut and paste it over on that site if you wish. RK out

Thanks. and yes, I should have looked at more then the first page of my google search. However, this is the first time I have ever had to use a gunsmith, the first time I have ever even been close to getting burned on a gun deal and perhaps I was a little too trusting because I thought the FFA laws were tighter...MY FAULT. However, I am not one to search every corner of the internet with multiple serches if what I am hearing at first seems pretty consistant. This is not a mistake I will ever repeat. Most times, when you type the name of a company into the web you see the negatives first and I should not have assumed this was the case here. I still have not heard a thing from Dave and agree that I will need to get more agressive soon. I have just started this week to try to get him to return my call and that is why I want to give him a chance. If he is out for the week, I should give him an opportunity to return my call. If I don't hear back by the end of next week I will consider all of my options spent and will bring hell down to get my gun back because at that point there is no reasonable excuse for not responding.

Caspien and WJM. These experience are EXACTLY what I wanted to know in the first place and the reason I posted. With this in hand, I know who I am dealing with. Thanks for giving me the stories and not just the opinions. My tyrade earlier is because I didn't like the implication that I had no balls because I didn't do what you thought I should do from the start. No hard feelings? God bless.

Oops, I forgot to thank you for your experience as well. thanks

Here's the deal. I just got off the phone with Dave a couple of hours ago and I was real impressed!!! I decided to be nice and see what was going on. Dave spent 45 minutes on the phone with me while he was wrapping my gun and preparing to ship it off!!!

I have now done a TON of research and this is what I have discovered about Dave from him and others:

1-anybody who has actually bought a gun and PAID is very happy with his quality and usually own more than one of his guns.

2-anyone who has used Dave for a conversion have been pleased with the quality but state he is hard to get a hold of. There are pictures on the net of a gun that was supposedly done by Dave (the one with the Cyrillic engravings and the one with the bolts cut out) but when I asked him, he stated that these were not his guns and he even has a letter from the person who did the work stating that he did not do this.

3-Dave is bad at returning phone calls and e-mails. I am not making excuses for him and neither is he. He states that he is a one man show and this is an area that he knows he needs to do better in. If you are going to send a gun into him, be prepared to be patient. The prior posts are right, this is not fast food service here. If you want a fast food gun, I am sure there are guys who will do that quality of work for you. If you want a gourmet gun, like in a gourmet restaurant, be prepared to wait until its ready.

4-don't be a ass hole to Dave and you will find that he is a really nice guy who will NOT dodge the hard questions. I asked him to explain all of the subject brought up in this post and the others in the hyperlinks provided and he explained it to my satisfaction. I may be gulible, but I believe he is telling the truth. Dave has told me flat out that he has a problem managing his anger when someone is angry on the phone, but who here does not? Just be nice.

Remember, I don't have the gun yet and have not seen the quality yet so I am only giving feedback from what I have heard and my experience is not yet over so my opinion may yet change as I am trying to be fair about this. One thing is for sure. If I am happy with the quality (and those who have his guns seem to be) I would readily recomend him to others.

Dave seems like a very reasonable person if you show him respect. I guess the two things to take away from this post are 1-be nice to Dave and 2-be patient with Dave and you should be happy. I will post pics when the gun gets here.