Saiga 12 in video games

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=4510&hl=

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6652&hl=

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1150&hl=

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=603&hl=

Battlefield 2 has been out now for quite some time. The S12 is actually a pretty good gun in the game but you have to be really really close for it to be effective. I think in the game it does have an 8 rnd capacity been a while since I played it.

Its a 7 round gun. They made both of the semiauto shotguns do half as much damage as the pump shotguns. A soldier has 100 health, slightly more for heavy armor classes.

If I remember correctly:

8 pellets per shot:

Saiga-12: 12 damage per pellet

DAO-12 (streetsweeper): 12 damage per pellet

Pancor Jackhammer: 15 per pellet

Pump shotguns: 25 per pellet

They nerfed the damage for the auto shotguns because of game balance issues.

As shotguns go, the Saiga-12 is one of the better guns in the game, though I never use it since I unlocked the Jackhammer, which fires full auto and does more damage. But none of this matters since the engineer isnt really meant to be used as infantry. He is supposed to repair vehicles and drive around mostly.

Edited by beerslurpy

In short, it's a video game. Accuracy, damage, and mag capacities have no reflection to real life.

Why does a G3, shooting .308 from a 18" barrel do less damage than a M24 from a 20" barrel? Becuase one is an "assault rifle" and the other is a "sniper".

Why does the M4 do less damage than the M16A2? Same round, slightly different velcoties reducing range, not kill power.

I've shot a Full Auto M249 from a standing shoulder and put 25 out of 30 rounds inside a pumpkin at 75 yards. Not so in the game...it sprays. Another question...why does it eject up and to the right in the game, while the real one ejects (very violently) down and to the right?

Why do different 12 Gaage shotguns do different damage using the same round?

Why do pistols soemtimes have better accuracy than most of the subguns? MP5SDs are very easy to put an entire mag in a 4" circle at 15 yards.

etc. etc.

Like I said...it's a video game.

There's supposed to be a "Mercenaries" mod that fixes the weapon damage/accuracy to be better suited.

Edited by NoAim

I LOVE :wub: the Saiga in BF1942 Desert Combat. :sadam: Close quarters combat is always fun with it. One shot kills with either the pump or the Saiga are easy enough, but the Saiga has much better rate of fire. Has plenty of range too, not as much as a rifle, but enough to get the job done.

Edited by Crosshair

LMFAO. In BF2 everything is off. In BF1942 DC mod the reload of the weapon was decreased for tighter game play. Then in DC final the damn thing was made to a more realistic way. EVERYONE ran with the saiga. It was a shotty fest. It's EA games is who makes the saiga a weak piece of crap. Blame EA for the crappy models, and un realistic use of the weapon. It's there idea of balancing the game. Engineers are very useful to mine entrances, CQ, and flag caps on tight maps. The US pump does the damage. I play BF2SF or Euro. They should have left it more to Trauma studios and less to the tards at EA. But thats what you get from the EA machine pumping gamespy down out throats!