SAIGA MAINTNANCE & CLEANING

I clean mine after every range session, but I'm obsessive about a cleaning my guns.

I recall one member posted saying he had his for a year and was wondering if you could take it apart to clean it.

Bottom line, it's an AK, clean it if you remember to, and if you forget, it won't hurt it.

One my very first saiga in 308win. i first moly'ed up the receiver, the bolt carrier/bolt, trigger sear and gas piston/tube. We hammered it on many trips to the range so far.

Moly eliminates all wear, reduces friction and prevents galling. It can reduce the trigger pull by up to 50% right away and more as it works in too. The saiga will cycle faster and smoother too.

Putting moly in your AR15 or AR10 just may improve its reliability and dependability too it could solve the jamming problem with them too with just a great lube. Moly stays were you put it and doesn't attract dirt too thats a plus with close tollerances and tight fitting parts.

Edited by Unknown Poster
One my very first saiga in 308win. i first moly'ed up the receiver, the bolt carrier/bolt, trigger sear and gas piston/tube. We hammered it on many trips to the range so far.

Moly eliminates all wear, reduces friction and prevents galling. It can reduce the trigger pull by up to 50% right away and more as it works in too. The saiga will cycle faster and smoother too.

Putting moly in your AR15 or AR10 just may improve its reliability and dependability too it could solve the jamming problem with them too with just a great lube. Moly stays were you put it and doesn't attract dirt too thats a plus with close tollerances and tight fitting parts.

TS-70 Moly Paste is great stuff. It's available at T.S. Moly Lubricants in Texas (713) 671-2676. An 8 oz tube is $20.50 and it goes a long way. Just got some here. :up:

my "cleaning" method I use on my s12 now, and my sar1, is I field strip them, lean them up outside muzzles down, and spray PB blaster in copious amounts into the action and just leave it for about twenty minutes. then I take wd40, do the same thing, wait, and then take motor oil or machine oil and wipe them down with it and let them sit overnight on a folded up towel to catch all the liquids. the nest day, i just wipe them down, and put a drop of oil on each moving part. makes a mess, takes about no effort, and would definately get you courtmartialed if you are in the army.

but its much better than me not cleaning my s12 for about 5000 rounds without it failing me :) I want to leave it again, and let someone on leave from the sand box shoot it and look in there and see all that CRAP in there and see if he faints or not.

Unknown Poster. Specifically what kind of moly product do you use on the trigger parts? Thanks, Don.

The TS-70 MOLY I just take the bolt carrier out and hold the hammer and release the trigger and let the hammer fall while holding it. Then i load up the sear and the hammer were the sear catches and reset the hammer back in place. Then assemble and work it in and then go shooting. I do up the bolt carrier/bolt, gas piston/tube (just a little moly) and the recoil spring too. Its a different gun after its lubed with moly it will cycle smoother and faster and even the trigger is awesome too you will not believe it until you try it all my guns have moly in them the bolt actions too and my pistols and revolvers too let no gun wearout because your not using the right lube oil is for the bores and there is no lube on the planet that eliminates wear like moly does too.

Edited by Unknown Poster