ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS! I'M PISSED!

Para Ordinance P12-45, after 150 rounds, winchester white box rounds. tell me what you think:

paraframe1.jpg

6c34b2d9.jpg

aec8cd7c.jpg

ok bro, right above the hole where the slide stop goes in, see anything on the rail....like nothing, like 3-4 cm of AIR, like the rail doesn't continue in ONE LONG PIECE, it's fucking BROKE!!!!! Unless they have come out with a new version that has a "space" in the rail

Para Ordinance P12-45, after 150 rounds, winchester white box rounds. tell me what you think:

paraframe1.jpg

6c34b2d9.jpg

aec8cd7c.jpg

ok bro, right above the hole where the slide stop goes in, see anything on the rail....like nothing, like 3-4 cm of AIR, like the rail doesn't continue in ONE LONG PIECE, it's fucking BROKE!!!!! Unless they have come out with a new version that has a "space" in the rail

COMMANDER FRAME...Notice no frame gap, space, break, whatever the fuck you call it...still pissed!

commander2.jpg

Wow is that a polymer framed 1911 or is it steel? I mean Ive shot a little bit of everything out of my SA GI model and all it does is shrug and ask for more. Id be seeing a dark shade of crimson right now if I were you! Did you contact the manufacturer abotu it yet? They may be interested in that. And send you a new pistol.

Edited by Ubernoodle

Again: Looking at my Kimber, I'm not seeing a problem on the Para.

post-1570-1142961640.jpg

The gap on my frame is about the size of the head of a 45ACP Ball round, and it's been like that since I cleaned the packing grease off of it. I've put over 500 rounds through mine and the only "problem" I'm seeing is a bit of finish wear in places I would expect it.

Check the edges of the gap. If they feal machined, then they're ment to be there.

Wow again kimber trying to improve Brownings design.

About the Para contact them and just ask it could be a new design, but it sure doesn't looked cracked.

1911 are prone to cracking right there and that can cause some major problems, My guess is they are now leaving a gap to allivate the problem.

Para are great people to deal with they will fix it if it's broke.

Edited by High_Cap

paraframe1.jpg

6c34b2d9.jpg

aec8cd7c.jpg

Roadkill,

I have a couple of Para P16-40's and none have that gap. Call Para's customer service and ask them what the deal is. If you are the original purchaser of that pistol you have a lifetime warranty with Para. From what I've read on other forums, their customer service is pretty damn good.

RonSwin

So I've had a 1911 type break on me and it was in that same spot. Of course, the breakage didn't look so clean or symmetrically cut. I mean, the rail had cracked then broken there. That almost looks as though it were meant to be there but of course, I've never owned any para-ordinance pieces. Be sure to contact them and see what's up. If it's a breakage, make use of the warranty if you are the original buyer. Mine was a franken-gun with no warranty. Original owner had put a colt slide and barrel on a Federal alloy frame. Regardless, I had thousands of rounds through it before it broke.

Sam.

Spoke with Para, seems like the alloy frame has the relief cut and the steel frame does not. whewww, thought i was going crazy for a moment, wait a minute, the VA shrinks say I am crazy, what am I talking about......!! thanx

FWIW, the Star PD has a machined cut in the same location. Maybe ParaOrd is contracting out? JUST KIDDING!!! :]

[FWIW, the Star PD has a machined cut in the same location. Maybe ParaOrd is contracting out? JUST KIDDING!!! :]

It might shock you, but they might of contracted to a third party, nothing these days suprises me when it comes to manufacturing. Why do the setup if someone else has done it already, thats why meggar makes so many oem mags too.