Saiga 12 question??

I am going to get rid of my Mossburg Ultra Mag in Cammo as I really have no use for a magnum shotgun< I am considering getting a Sagia as the only thing I will be using it for is a little dove and quail hunting (mostly quail) but my question is can I find a 2 round magazine or will I have to block the one that comes with the Saiga? That will allow me to hunt dove, and is that the same as the wooden plug on the tube fed SG's?

You should be able to block your mag up, but it will be really tight with the spring intact. Yes, that is exactly like doweling a tube mag to get legal for hunting. Should be an awesome dove gun, by the way. Did you look on EAA's website for 2 round magazines? Ive never even checked for them, myself.

Tantal is the cheapest for 2rd or 5 rd mags, however 5 rounds are out of stock. Scuttlebut has it that the army has a new riotgun that uses SAIGA12 mags and they have cornered the supply. If so than this is just a temporary inconvience, more demand should equal better supply/lower cost sometime.

G O B

What is the best way to block up the five round clips?

I know that the bottom slides off but what do you do next?

I can get five round clips for about 25 dollars and paid 30 for my two round delivered, so it would be nice to be able to block up my five round clips, and good idea about getting rid of the Mossburg. I hated mine, big pice of junk!

I got the 2rd from tantal at about $55 FOR FOUR,split with a friend like I did and have 2 for $25 total. If you must block 5rd use a block in the spring 3 shells thick.Use hardwood like maple,and it must be smooth and corners rounded so it will not bind spring.This must fit inside spring between follower and bottom plate,that way it does not change spring tension. LOL.

G O B