I wanted a higher power optic for my PSL, but I didnt want to go the standard scope path, I wanted original Russian Equipment... so I bought it on Ebay from Kabacan... Otherwise known as EASTWAVE...

I still cannot say enough good things about these folks... It got here today Straight from the motherland, from Minsk! GO EASTWAVE PRODUCTS!!!! :up: :up:

I love the twine wrapped parcel, with loads of cryllic writing on it... It almost makes ya think of a bygone era... although in Russia, I guess thats still the way they do stuff. LOL :up:

I paid for it on 3/23/06 and it was here today on 4/10/06 Thats pretty good time from Russia via Air-Mail!

It came all wrapped up in bubblewrap inside the black pouch, came with everything shown... I put the batteries in, and fired it up... looks GOOD! Took it outside tonight in the dark... and with the red illuminated reticle, I bet you really could do some night-time sniping! LOL

Hopefully I will be able to sight it in tomorrow... It slipped right on the PSL like a glove... My Favorite rifle now has an even better optics platform!!! I will try to take some pics of it tomorrow or so... and get those posted...

Heres a pic of the optic that I got... stole the image from the ebay listing LOL

:smoke:

posp8421.jpg

Hope that means the one I ordered should be here in a couple of weeks then. Will put it on the Saiga .308 that will be here tomorrow. Look forward to some range reports from you Indy. :smoke:

Note the mounting base on my mount???? Thats an SVD mount... if you got the SAME MOUNT... and try to put it on a Saiga .308... you are in for dissapointment... unless you got an AK/Saiga base.

The SVD mount slides on from the rear on an SVD rail... but will NOT slide on the rear on an AK or Saiga... it slips on from the front and *WILL NOT* remain in place... recoil will work it loose constantly ... it will drive you NUTS!!! I have seen it happen... trust me, its a ball buster!

If you got the proper base on your optic, you will be GOOD TO GO! :up: the AK/Saiga mount slides on from the REAR...and will work perfectly!

Regardless... I am betting in advance... top quality optic... you will NOT be dissapointed in any way! (as long as you bought the proper mount!)

Note the mounting base on my mount???? Thats an SVD mount... if you got the SAME MOUNT... and try to put it on a Saiga .308... you are in for dissapointment... unless you got an AK/Saiga base.

The SVD mount slides on from the rear on an SVD rail... but will NOT slide on the rear on an AK or Saiga... it slips on from the front and *WILL NOT* remain in place... recoil will work it loose constantly ... it will drive you NUTS!!! I have seen it happen... trust me, its a ball buster!

If you got the proper base on your optic, you will be GOOD TO GO! :up: the AK/Saiga mount slides on from the REAR...and will work perfectly!

Regardless... I am betting in advance... top quality optic... you will NOT be dissapointed in any way! (as long as you bought the proper mount!)

Yeah, got the Saiga/AK mount so should be okay. Same scope though. Looks great--can't wait!

Any pics yet with it on your Saiga?
Nope... no pics of it on my Saiga... nor will there EVER be...

Hopefully I will be able to sight it in tomorrow... It slipped right on the PSL like a glove... My Favorite rifle now has an even better optics platform!!! I will try to take some pics of it tomorrow or so... and get those posted...

It is on the PSL... and I will get some pics of that up soon... been really busy...

Do I think the illumination is bright enough?

It is for me... Perhaps your batteries are older and wearing out. I know they may have been in the package... but that doesnt mean they arent close to 10 years old... or so... try swapping out the batteries for new ones... I am willing to bet yours, if your scope is VERY DIM, may be weak. Mine isnt "super bright", either... BUT... it lights up clearly and I think properly. Not having anything to judge it against, I honestly do not know. I am willing to bet that it isnt supposed to be overly bright... so as not to ruin "night vision"...Its just to illuminate the reticle so that when targeting in low level light conditions, the reticle isnt going to dissappear.

Remember, it is not the optic to be using in pitch blackness... its not a night vision scope by any means...

You have to have enough light to see your target, the illumination is just there to light the reticle, so that it doesnt blend into the darkness of the shadows/background, and allow you to properly place the chevron on target...

I took it out at night, and with the streetlights to illuminate a target down the street, there is enough from the reticle to allow me proper target aquisition. Were there no outside illumination... I would merely see a red reticle in front of blackness... I couldnt focus on anything, but I could sure aim real well at nothing! LOL

Let me rephrase that... were I to be using this in an urban night-time setting... no problem... I could shoot anything, anywhere, any time... there is enough light from the streetlights to give me sight picture, and the red reticle will allow me to target properly. Even with a FULL MOON, I bet outside it would be a fine night time optic for open areas...They are VERY clear and bright optics for sure!! Hoever, if I go out in the woods... without any ambient light... then its just a bright red reticle, and nothing but black in the scope... Like the scope cover is on the front still...

I hope that answers your question, and adds a little insight to my thoughts, and observations on these optics... :up:

I might try swapping batteries just to see if there' s any difference otherwise I'll just need to take it out at dusk and at night to get more accustomed to it. Thanks. :smoke:

By the way if guys are ever looking for battries for that thing or lasers, BUDK.com has a pack of 50 of them for $8.99!! compare to $2.50 each in regular store. I got some and they all test full voltage.

Edited by tritium