Had my S12 for 12 yrs, finally converted.

As the title says. Finally did something I've been wanting to do for a long time and I'm extremely happy with the result. I used ALG FCG, the Phoenix stock from CSS, and a Hogue grip. I was going to pay someone to do it, but I'm glad I built the confidence to do it myself. Now I know the gun inside and out. It functions correctly, just need to shoot it.

I am thinking of doing a different stock as it just feels real cheap, and then of course some new mags.

20230916_204907_copy_2000x1500.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and did some deburring and polishing tonight on the FCG and BCG since I was having trigger reset issues and the BCG was catching on the trigger hook as it cycled. All in all, the gun cycled just about everything other than the federal bulk. But to be fair, I was hip firing it with those.

rails.jpg

gun parts.jpg

Edited by SchismX

Glad you took the plunge. If you slicked up the BCG nicely, you'll have less of a gas issue. I had my BCG's (got more than one S-12) really well profiled plus I enlarged the gas ports in the barrel, so they are slightly over-gassed. Take your time and do your work in small increments. Taking material away is easy...putting it back, not so much.

• Like 1
On 10/7/2023 at 4:39 PM, JohnnyE said:

Glad you took the plunge. If you slicked up the BCG nicely, you'll have less of a gas issue. I had my BCG's (got more than one S-12) really well profiled plus I enlarged the gas ports in the barrel, so they are slightly over-gassed. Take your time and do your work in small increments. Taking material away is easy...putting it back, not so much.

That's what I've been doing for the most part. Going to test it out soon and see how it goes. Bought some Federal bulk to put through it. Acquired some more mags and put a different stock on it.

20231012_203711_copy_1600x1200.jpg

20231012_203736_copy_1600x1200.jpg

Edited by SchismX