Elite Firearms' $879 .308 Conversion

Well, Just my 2 cents... Swap out the Galil handguard for some original style russian... keep the rest.. I think its AWESOME!

( No, I wouldnt pay $879.00 for it! )

I LOVE that long Flash hider!!!!

:smoke:

I talked to Dave myself about the same idea,I told him he needed to put the orignal saiga hand guard on it and maybe vent it some.He agreed with my opinion.I'm going to do a simalar conversion with my S-308.

When I asked Tony about doing a similar job he told me it was too much of a pain in the ass to change the FSB and passed on the work.This was after everyone raved about his work.I admit his shotguns are awesome but from what I have seen of his rifle conversions,I'd go else where and pay a little more for what I want done,not what one builder is willing to do.

Dave has done 1 saiga conversion,and 2 builds for me.All are well done and top notch work.I own one of his S-12's,one pistol and one of his rifle builds.All are perfect IMHO,each functioned flawlessly and he did what was asked to be done.

Krebs and AKUSA sell Saiga conversions for similar prices.And they are worth it to the person who buys one.I see no problem in what Dave is asking.I might end up spending close to same amount to have my rifle converted either by Dave,Chris or Troy from Inrange.

Gun+parts+conversion work=close to that amount in end.I'm a repeat customer with Dave and he treats me well.I wanted Krebs to do some work for me but they stopped doing custom work.I wanted what I would call the ultimate AK conversion.Dave was not my first choice nor was he my last,I found him later after trying to get work done by Krebs.I like Dave and I plan to have do more work for me.I had him build a rifle for my uncle and his son in law,both rifles were perfect.

Those long flashiders are pretty cool and the best part they count as a US part.

• 2 weeks later...
I LOVE that long Flash hider!!!!

:smoke:

Me too.. I found one just like it, but until I have it in my hot little hands I am not posting where or what. Rather than trying to mess with the front shroud and post, I'll probably just weld the FH on.

Waiting on the rifle and new wood, etc. to arrive and I'll post as it comes together. Think PSL/Drug.