Guns of the Russian Military

On History Channel International. It's on right now 23:00 e.s.t and will repeat at 03:00 e.s.t

Guns of the World

Guns of the Russian Military.

Tune In: Wednesday, May 3 @ 11pm ET/PT

Forged in Europe's shadow, Russian small arms were once dismissed as crude copies. Often lacking the finish of Western counterparts, Russian guns have been battle-proven worldwide, with their emphasis on robustness and simplicity of design. Review the long history of Russian small arms--from Peter the Great to the Cold War. TVPG

http://www.historyinternational.com/

Edited by ragnarock47

Dang, I missed it too. Oh well, I've probably already seen it anyway.

Edit: You guys like the "Tales of the Gun" series? I think the only one that ever made it to DVD for rent was the history of Smith and Wesson.

Edited by KySoldier

"Tales of The Gun" was available from the NRA. In a poorly thought out promotion, they were mailing them to members unsolicited, then trying to shame the members into paying for them.

PAY for UNSOLICITED material?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

G O B

Dang, I missed it too. Oh well, I've probably already seen it anyway.

Edit: You guys like the "Tales of the Gun" series? I think the only one that ever made it to DVD for rent was the history of Smith and Wesson.

The only one I saw of "Tales of the Gun" was the AK episode. The best part was Mikhail Kalashnikov talking smack about the 5.45 round (well not really "talking smack", he just mentions that he doesn't like it).

I got some of the NRA videos in the mail...I didn't like them sending me a TAPE and then sending me a bill, screw that. If it'd been on DVD I might have gone for it. I like seeing Kalashnikov's reaction to poeple who compare his design to that of the German sturmgewehr.

I got some of the NRA videos in the mail...I didn't like them sending me a TAPE and then sending me a bill, screw that. If it'd been on DVD I might have gone for it. I like seeing Kalashnikov's reaction to poeple who compare his design to that of the German sturmgewehr.

what does he say about the comparison? I sold my ak to pay for my G3.

I paid my yearly dues to the NRA but i never got my DVD. maybe its cause i never send them extra money when they send me all those flyers.

I got the first one in the mail (mine was on DVD)...it was the "10 guns that changed the world"~Tales of the Gun off the history channel...but i didn't know that till i opened the package.

either way it was not like them to send me the video then ask for payment

Yeah, I like the idea of doing the videos, I'd live to have them on DVD, but sending me a tape and then a bill, no.

BTW, Kalashnikov gets offended whenever someone compares his design to the German one that preceeded it. He says "No, they are not the same, they are completely different." Makes me want to get an exploded view of the German gun to compare...

BTW, Kalashnikov gets offended whenever someone compares his design to the German one that preceeded it. He says "No, they are not the same, they are completely different." Makes me want to get an exploded view of the German gun to compare...

I have never owned or even seen a stg-44 in real life, but It looks very similar mechanically to my g-3. and yeh they are most definitely different. the g-3 has a direct blowback, that uses rollers to retard the action. also the bolt doesn't rotate. I have heard people say that the ak came out of the mp40 too, but i am pretty sure this was a direct blowback as well.

Yeah, the NRA did that to me awhile back. I just wrote up a Tromix invoice for the shop time it would burn to pack it up and send it back. With a note saying that as soon as they pay for my labor, it would be sent right back. Never heard another word from them.

Had the NRA the decency to ASK me in advance, I would probably have bought the whole series, BUT I will NEVER BUY SHIT from them untill I get an apology for the attemt at extortion, and also an apopogy for them throwing away the veracity of the movement by associating with known felons (Tom Delay).

G O B