TDI.arms rail forearm guards count as US parts?

I believe that the hardguards are made in Israel. I have these and a pistol grip on one of my AKs. The pistol grip specifically states Israel. There is no country of origin stated on the upper or lower handguard.

I cannot find on their website exactly WHERE the product is manufactured. Specifically:

LHV47,

http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?pid=213

is this a US part for 922 purposes?

Thanks,

C-

uh-oh...here comes the 922r police!! :cryss:

http://www.tdi-arms.com/contactus.php

police_car10flashing%20lights.gif

EDIT: I just can't stand the sorry state of our gun laws. It's pathetic someone has to go on internet forums to get a random guy's interpretation of the ATF's interpretation of an unenforceable law that exists solely for the protection of domestic US arms manufacturers (922r). I'm sure OSOK has a reference to some ATF letter where another concerned citizen wrote asking whether or not the upper handguard was part of the handguard referred to in 922r.

Page 64 of the latest American Rifleman describes some bills designed to stop this silliness. Call and write your congressional representatives and tell them to support these bills.

Edited by steve467
OSOK, I wasn't saying YOU were the 922r police, just that the unmarked TDI handguards create another opportunity for the 922r police to strike. Convoluted interpretations of 922r only serve to make federal criminals out of innocent hobbyists.

OIC :smoke:

Y'know, back in late 1999 all the equipment at work had to be certified to be 'Y2K compliant' if it was electric. Didn't matter if it had no internal computer or timing device that would be disrupted by the date change, still needed this fluorescent green sticker with black block letters: Y2K COMPLIANT.

Typical knee-jerk, over-cautious, paranoid reaction. Sound familiar???

Anyway, being the intellectual, serious, reserved, and humorless guy that I am; I acquired a big roll of these things...

Now we had green stickers on chairs, lab coats, pencils, coffee cups, flowers, the water fountain, on nametags, shoes, on those clear plastic boxes for salad in the cafeteria line, the bathroom mirror, yes just about everywhere.

So, in analogous fashion i would like to make a little metal branding iron that Says:

" Built In The USA

Complies with Requirements And Parts Count

Title 18 USC 922-r"

Of course, that is too long, sw we can abbreviate it: BUiLt in the USA, Complies with Requirements And Parts count, Title 18 USC 922r" becomes...

B.U.L.C.R.A.P.-922r

for purposes of brevity and professionalism.

We can even have a catchy slogan for the ad-campaign: "Find the BULCRAP"

Gunowners, question about a compliance part... "Find the BULCRAP"

Does this part count... "Find the BULCRAP"

catchy, huh?

What do you all think?

C-

Of course, a template for sand or acid engraving, and stenciling/electropenciling must be made as well. No rubber stamps or stickers, as this should be a permanent fixture on all applicable parts from now on.

Edited by cpileri