Uncommanded magazine disassembly question

I rercently purchased a Saiga shotgun, and so far, the shotgun has treated my very well. However, the magazine has acted a bit strange. When fully loaded, the little metal clip on the back starts coming off the two very short plastic posts that hold it on. When I inadvertently dropped a mag, the clip separated entirely from the mag body, causing the shells to go flying about 3 feet in one direction and the mag a foot or two in another. While it has otherwise fed fine as long as it's in the gun, I'm sorta worried about my mag one day spontaneously disassembling itself. Anyone else had the same problem? Suggestions? I love the shotgun, and with the availability of 10-round mags on the horizon it's not likely Ill be using the 5 rounder all that much

+1 if you are dropping the mag on a HARD surface. Actually, it should not do that unless you have hit the hardest of surfaces from the highest of heights. Check the plastic (glass reinforced) buttons the metal clip is attached to. It may be not high enough if the impact was minimal. If it is barely there, you may need to send it back for a eplacement. It should withstand a good bump and survive. If your "nub" is substantial, then trty removing it and squeezing it with pliers to increase the grip on the mag. Enjoy!!

+1 if you are dropping the mag on a HARD surface. Actually, it should not do that unless you have hit the hardest of surfaces from the highest of heights. Check the plastic (glass reinforced) buttons the metal clip is attached to. It may be not high enough if the impact was minimal. If it is barely there, you may need to send it back for a eplacement. It should withstand a good bump and survive. If your "nub" is substantial, then trty removing it and squeezing it with pliers to increase the grip on the mag. Enjoy!!

Ha, it actually fell only about six inches from my hand to my desk. The clip popped off, but the follower stayed in the mag body, so I only had the clip and the shells to go looking for. I tried the plier compression drill, but it's met with mixed success thus far.

In any case, I'll probably throw the clip in some vise grips and compress it a little bit, and see how that works. I'm going to be buying acouple 10-rounders soon, so this won't be my only mag. Thanks for the suggestions and tips, all, and for keeping such an awesome forum up and going.

--Ryan

If worse comes to worse... you can always try to put a small amount of some "industrial strength" adhesive on the spot where the two peices connect.

Its not a cure all, but between some glue and tension from some pliers... it might just stay on a bit better than it would with plier squeezing alone. :up:

:smoke: