http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,...5007220,00.html

can anyone tell me what material/finish is on the AK in the second picture listed? it's in a slideshow format and the story has some stupid political thing about Hezbolla, but i'd like to know about that gun... is it just a painted up AK? or is it made from steel and polished rather than painted?... let me know if you all know more about it... also, if it's polished, how much do ya'll think it would that run to get it done to an S12?

Thanks in advance.

Probably brushed/matte nickel or chome.

It could be done to a Saiga, but a lot of Saiga's have a pretty rough/scratched metal surface under that paint job. It would look best if the steel was sanded smooth before the new finish was applyed. That might cost more then the refinish job itself.

Tony

I haven't actually had it in my hands, but Moly Resin comes in a satin nickel finish. The gloss, satin, and flat blacks all look good if you abrasive blast before spraying. Check Norell's (sp?) site for more info. or maybe someone on the board can comment if they've ever sprayed anything with it.