Which folding stock?

I'm planning on sending my S-12 off to Tromix to get it converted in the near future and I'm wondering which folding stock I should go with. The Tromix one looks plenty beefy and I prefer its looks to that of the Ace, but the Ace has been around for awhile and has lots of accessories available for it which makes it attractive. How do those of you that own either stock like them? Anyone have experience with both types? I also heard that Tromix might be coming out with a recoil pad for the polymer stock, any truth to this?

Edited by kahrak

I've got a couple ACEs on various guns and can't complain about 'em. They are a great stock. Tony's stock looks more appropriate on an S-12 - It's "beefier." I'm considering one for my S-12 to replace the ACE.

:smoke:

Edited by avatar

One vote for Tony's stock.

I have both and I like Tony's stock better because it fits me better than the ACE and the sites come up quicker for me. That said, the recoil pad on the ACE is nice. Too bad you can not shoulder a Saiga with both stocks to find which one fits you better.

Good luck,

G45

Likewise have both stocks here. Both match the gun's appearance well. Both are sturdy and light weight. The Ace does have the advantage of the buttpad (you can get either 1/2 or 1 inch thickness). I use them both, and they are interchangeable except the screw lengths are slightly different.

Edited by tritium

I've tried them both, and I'd say it's more a matter of aesthetics than function. The Lage (Tromix) stock will get a slight edge since it is monolithic...no parts to come loose over time.

I'm not a fan of padded butt plates, preferring instead to focus on simplicity in my weapons. And besides, recoil is a most pleasureable sensation.

Have one of Tromix's S-12 with his stock(Lage). :super: Haven't been a fan of plastic until this one. Like it. Holds well to shoulder. With 3in heavy slugs you best have it well fitted to your shoulder or it will give you a nice hickie. :lolol: Made my own putbad. When I get digital camera, will have my 8yr old niece show me how to post pics. :rolleyes: