308 busted my PKA

My wife just bought me a new PKA scope from freedomoptics.com and I finally got to try this out. I got about 45 rounds out before something inside the scope broke. I first noticed the red dot was way high and to the right and on further inspection it looks like the inner tube inside the scope body broke off.

Has anyone else seen something like this? Could some screw have come loose inside?

What scopes better survive 308 recoil?

post-3527-1155507779_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well i am happy to report that i returned the scope to freedomoptics.com. they offered another pka but i sent another 60 bucks to upgrade to a pkas. that thing is sweet!

on a side note my dad just broke in his saiga 308 with pkas knocking off a woodchuck that had been tearing up their garden. my dad came out as it was running away. they usually pause for a second to look back when they get to their holes and my dad took that second to knock him off at about 80 yards offhand.

well i am happy to report that i returned the scope to freedomoptics.com. they offered another pka but i sent another 60 bucks to upgrade to a pkas. that thing is sweet!

on a side note my dad just broke in his saiga 308 with pkas knocking off a woodchuck that had been tearing up their garden. my dad came out as it was running away. they usually pause for a second to look back when they get to their holes and my dad took that second to knock him off at about 80 yards offhand.

Nice shot! :killer: