need help with sight removal

heres the deal. i ordered the ghost ring sight set from Krebs. Trying to install the rear ghost ring has proved to be quite difficult. Ive been banging it with a hammer for over an hour, tried lube, but the rear sight wont drift out, wont even budge a little bit. What am i missing here??

Soak it with liquid wrench, wait a while, and use a bigger hammer (I use a 2# sledge)and big punch. You also need to be sure the barrel and trunnion are braced against something solid like an oak block against a concrete floor or an anvil. It should blast right out.

Soak it with liquid wrench, wait a while, and use a bigger hammer (I use a 2# sledge)and big punch. You also need to be sure the barrel and trunnion are braced against something solid like an oak block against a concrete floor or an anvil. It should blast right out.

ill give the liquid wrench a try. ive been using a 2 pound hammer and a punch. Guess ill try the 4 pounder next. If that doesnt work im gonna pull out the dremel and cut that bitch in half :super::super: