I just gathered some pictures of the Vepr-12 and wanted to post them all together so you guys could take a look.

Most of you probably have seen these on the Russian websites...

Vepr_12_1_001.jpg

Vepr_12_1_002.jpg

Vepr_12_1_003.jpg

Vepr_12_1_004s.jpg

Vepr_12_1_005.jpg

Vepr_12_1_007.jpg

Vepr_12_1_006.jpg

Vepr_12_1_008.jpg

Vepr_12_1_009.jpg

Vepr_12_1_010.jpg

Vepr_12_1_011.jpg

Vepr_12_2_001.jpg

Vepr_12_2_002.jpg

Vepr_12_2_003.jpg

Vepr_12_2_004.jpg

Vepr_12_2_005.jpg

Vepr_12_2_006.jpg

Vepr_12_2_007.jpg

Vepr_12_2_008.jpg

OK man enuf teasing already. What's the deal with the red arrow and how does that pin connect to the LRBHO and wtf does it do?

I want to see a blueprint or at least a working drawing of one of these rare Russian beasts! I would settle for a EXP-01.

Also how does the manual BHO work? In all the pics I've studied, the button is down only when the bolt is open, opposite of the S-12... :unsure:

OK man enuf teasing already. What's the deal with the red arrow and how does that pin connect to the LRBHO and wtf does it do?

I want to see a blueprint or at least a working drawing of one of these rare Russian beasts! I would settle for a EXP-01.

Also how does the manual BHO work? In all the pics I've studied, the button is down only when the bolt is open, opposite of the S-12... :unsure:

Hey, Cobra buddy. . .the truth IS that the Saigas that are now coming in (the blade and post sight '06s) ARE EXP-01s. No shit..I found that out at a Russian site. It's the EXP-01 VERSION 30 (EXP-01-30) is what you and I want more than anything.

Hey, Cobra buddy. . .the truth IS that the Saigas that are now coming in (the blade and post sight '06s) ARE EXP-01s. No shit..I found that out at a Russian site. It's the EXP-01 VERSION 30 (EXP-01-30) is what you and I want more than anything.

Coming to the U.S. with a blade and post? What about the gas tube-is it removable like on the Saiga12-S or Vepr 12? Now if this is true, the gas port area might have to be like the Saiga12-s/Vepr12 with a picatinny rail at the base.

Just too exciting.spaffny0ms5.gif

Edited by expeditionx

homer.jpg EXP-01-30?

Here is some more info and a bunch of pictures on the Molot branded gun.

The information below is based on a verbal discussion with the owners of the four existing prototypes for the new tactical/practical model of the Vepr. So this information should be considered preliminary and of no more value than a rumor.

I apologise if anything of the below turns out to be wrong or lost in translation.

Estimated retail price for the gun including basic accesories is approx 2000 Euro when it hits the market during 2007.

post-3641-1157879616_thumb.jpg

Interesting improvements over the S-12:

A. Automatic LRBHO (not visible in attached pics).

B. Bolt release. The extruding lever, that was previously MBHO, now release the bolt. The button behind the mag release is also a bolt release feature.

C. Improved safety lever. Safety can now be operated with the innermost knuckle on the index finger.

D. The safety lever is made looser on main body of the receiver. To keep it in either position (F/S), there are some slight dimples machined in the receiver that fit the notch on the front of the lever.

To operate the safety - just slide the right hand up on the pistol grip.

E. Low Picatinny rail on the receiver. The receiver top itself is made in steel (the attached Aimpoint CompC3 is an aftermarket add-on).

F. Extended magwell. This guides the mag during the insertion and makes it wobble less during rapid fire. Thus also allowing for larger mags as they can withstand recoild better without feeding problems (also see feature I. below).

G. Extended mag release lever, operated with the thumb, to complement the existing lever.

H. Muzzle brake / compensator or flash supressor.

I. New mags. Drop free. Available in 12 and 14 round capacity (4 mags will be included in the kit).

J. AK-47 style forend.

K. Picatinny rail for tactical add-ons.

L. Improved and adjustable iron sights.

M. Folding stock with rubber pad.

In summary, feature A+B+C+D improves the transition from low/high ready to fire.

Bolt release, safety off and trigger-pull can be done in one single motion (1-2-3) with the right hand.

Feature G improves the first half of the mag change cycle. It allows the shooter to drop the mag simultaneously as firing the last round while reaching for a fresh mag with the left hand.

Features A+B+C+D+F improves the second half of the mag change cycle for obvious reasons.

Feature B implies a subtle but fundamental change in the way bolt hold open and bolt release works together with mags. The logic is reversed compared to the S-12 as the shooter now press the lever to release rather than to hold. One implication is that no mag is needed to hold the bolt open. This means improved speed as feature G allows you to drop the mag while firing.

post-3641-1157879550_thumb.jpg

My subjective impression of the gun, after seeing it in action, is that the speed of operation now resembles that of a Glock pistol. Releasing the slide, pressing the trigger (and safety) on the Glock consumes about the same amount of time as the corresponding actions on the Vepr.

Of course, mag changes are slower and the rate of fire is lower. But that is mostly due to the fact that 12ga mags and ammunition are more bulky and heavy in handling compared to any pistol caliber.

The time from empty chamber to led delivery seems to be perfected with this gun - at least in my opinion.

Here is some more info and a bunch of pictures on the Molot branded gun.

The information below is based on a verbal discussion with the owners of the four existing prototypes for the new tactical/practical model of the Vepr. So this information should be considered preliminary and of no more value than a rumor.

Great post and pics, thanks for the intel. I hope that finds its way in to a "sporting" configuration to allow import.

G45

Looks like an ideal white tail gun and pheasant plucker to me. Nice hunter. Or so I hopes or government friends see it as.

I just gathered some pictures of the Vepr-12 and wanted to post them all together so you guys could take a look.

Most of you probably have seen these on the Russian websites...

post-3-1156980894_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156980908_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156980917_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156982242_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156981043_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156984630_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156981063_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156981669.jpg

post-3-1156981710.jpg

post-3-1156981725_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156981749_thumb.jpg

post-3-1156983833_thumb.jpg