Bought a f-ed up conversion on the cheap last week........

When I got it it was factory with the plate and trigger guard removed and a fucked up attempt at cutting a pistol grip nut hole was there. It was huge. No way a standard nut would do, so I added a little material via mig welder to the hole. I used one of the fatter pistol grip nuts so I didn't have to mess around much.

All the FCG was missing, but the bolt and carrier were there, and so was the gas tube. I had a spare tapco double so I cut a slot for the extra hook and test fit everything. I still have to work out the issue with the safety that is common on the 308s. I was thinking of dilling a small hole in the right trigger bar in the back and inserting a post that would close the distance between it and the safety a little.

After that I roughed the paint and degreased it. I recoated with cerama-coat. It sort of looked like a fucked up finish, but it changes drastically after you bake it. You get a nice hard matte black finish. It matches very well to the original paint. I only coated the reciever and cover, so judge it by versus the barrel, RSB, and safety. That line from the safety is actually the finish after it was polished by moving the safety. It didn't wear away.

I didn't paint the barrel because I want to send it off to Tony for threading and moving the FSB back. Its a bit to spend, so I'm gonna put it off for a month or so.

I put an AR A2 stock on it because it is a 308, and it matches the factory forend well. Its a little long so I'm going to try an A1 on it as soon as I find one for cheap.

The grip is an Ergo that I carved up and buffed. It is much better than factory now. I found this out while I was wet sanding it: The smooth, porous finish of the material actually provides a better grip with a wet hand than the factory texture does.

Dscn4557.jpg

Edited by headshot
Well, it looks good and you saved a Saiga in distress! You get a S308 lifesaving merrit badge for that one :D

I actually like the look and feel of it. My other 308 has a regular AK stock on it and it hurts like a bitch. Thats why I went with the a2 on this. I'm going to put an Ace stock on my other one.

headshot like the ar stock on your 308 where can you get the adapter to mount this style of stock and how much does it cost thinking of puting one a sagia 223 rifle. thanks gunguy51

You can get them for 18 bucks at cheaperthandirt.

The A2 stock is a little long for me though. I like the stock compartment, but I'm going to try to mod an A1 stock with an A2 buttplate.