I've got to ask, hehe, Have you ever heard any one from that region talk about Big foot? It's the funiest thing in the world!!! hard to say true or not - but to listen to the locals tell there stories, oh my god the conviction! :unsure:

We go camping up there (within 50 mi. of silverton) alot, and my favorite thing in the world to do is walk into one of the little country stores, and start off a conversation on the sub..... or a bar up there---forget it!LOL

This one lady showed me a blurry picture of a stump, one day...it was all I could to keep a straight face!!!!!! I was like "Well there you have it, difinitave proof!"

I live in portland, 20 min. from the border (wash./or). 40min. from tacoma. Why don't you go to the forest? You're free to do whatever you want, provided you pick up your stuff. There's rules like, 50 yards from the fire road, 100 or more.... from a paved road. If it's national (gov.) forest I know for sure - I've talked to many a ranger! and the police also. Some of the forest is restricted to motorcycles, but not the firearms - they are incredibly free about. you have to do smart things like shooting up hill (making sure there's a destination for the bullet, bank or something). People usually congrigate at things like gravel pits with open area - I like 200yds at least. find a clear cut area there everywhere!

helens area, adams forest (watch for bear, and sasquatch i guess!) - just go east and follow the trees!

get some fresh air, the scenaries are beautiful!!! it makes you feel like you don't live in the city, at least for a couple hours. to me it's like goin' to church.

happy shootin'

from MY HOUSE in the city, it's 40min. (40 in. if I stop to get a burger) to my favorite shootin' spot in the Mt. Hood Nat. forest, I'm sure it's ther same up there! same layout to helens nat. forest.

Edited by Siagalova
I live in portland, 20 min. from the border (wash./or). 40min. from tacoma. Why don't you go to the forest? You're free to do whatever you want, provided you pick up your stuff. There's rules like, 50 yards from the fire road, 100 or more.... from a paved road. If it's national (gov.) forest I know for sure - I've talked to many a ranger! and the police also. Some of the forest is restricted to motorcycles, but not the firearms - they are incredibly free about. you have to do smart things like shooting up hill (making sure there's a destination for the bullet, bank or something). People usually congrigate at things like gravel pits with open area - I like 200yds at least. find a clear cut area there everywhere!

helens area, adams forest (watch for bear, and sasquatch i guess!) - just go east and follow the trees!

get some fresh air, the scenaries are beautiful!!! it makes you feel like you don't live in the city, at least for a couple hours. to me it's like goin' to church.

happy shootin'

from MY HOUSE in the city, it's 40min. (40 in. if I stop to get a burger) to my favorite shootin' spot in the Mt. Hood Nat. forest, I'm sure it's ther same up there! same layout to helens nat. forest.

For some reason, I've had a hard time trying to find some forest that's away from civilization. And the places I've shot at, or was going to shoot at, have been closed off now. Every place that used to be huge forest when I was a kid, has become enormous housing developments... Would national forests be listed on a standard road map? I'm more city folk myself, and don't no crap about the outdoors. :unsure:

One big thing is I can't seem to find any shooting buddies. All my friends are "afraid" of guns and I can't get them interested in shooting. If I had some buddies, it be much easier to find some good spots.

As it is right now, I've been sticking to the ranges so I don't accidentally break any laws....

Ever hear of Clay City? It was this awesome abandoned place that used to be an old clay brick making factory! I used to go paintballing there and it was so awesome, it was like playing Halo in real life. They closed it down though, and I only got to go shooting there once. :(

Hey salmon axe, is your email in your profile? give me permision and I'll send you a line. I fried my mother board about two weeks ago at home - I only got my computer here at work.

I know I can find you a good spot 'round here - If you live in tacoma that's not too far.

I've shot in skamia, and umitilla counties.

I'll meettcha, half way! It'll burn a whole day though, just count on that.

Edited by Siagalova
Hey salmon axe, is your email in your profile? give me permision and I'll send you a line. I fried my mother board about two weeks ago at home - I only got my computer here at work.

I know I can find you a good spot 'round here - If you live in tacoma that's not too far.

I've shot in skamia, and umitilla counties.

I'll meettcha, half way! It'll burn a whole day though, just count on that.

Hmmm.... I dunno how to give you permission, but I think I can send you a message through the forums personal messenger. I don't like my email getting all over the place, so I don't usually post it....(paranoid :unsure: )

Well, actually I live more north around Kent. Skamia and Umitilla? I don't think I've ever heard of those counties.... I live in King County, and rarely leave except to the closest counties.

I think it would take me 35-45 min just to get to Tacoma. It would be cool to meet up and blow some stuff up. :super: I just wish I had a buddy locally. That way I could be at the range in a half hour AND have someone to shoot with.

Right now, I go with my dad, and he doesn't like turning it into a whole day thing. I, on the other hand, like to shoot until I feel filthy and my trigger finger is sore. :devil: I've only gone out and blown stuff up once.... all the rest of the time, I've just done target shooting. Blowing stuff up was a rush.... I miss it.

King Co is Seattle and the greater seattle area. Think it stops around Auburn.

Kitsap Co, I bet that's north of seattle?

I have a friend (sort of) that runs the reactor in a fast attack sub. He's kinda wacky, and seems even more wacky after being on subs for so long... Do you have buddies that are part of a sub crew?

Well, if you're up in this area and want to do a little shooting, I'm totally up for it!

Hell yea dude, you're UP north.

If you put your email in your profile then all I have to do is click on your name and choose "e-mail this person" (or whatever it is). It doesn't give me your address it just sends it - then if you choose to reply, do it, if not don't. I just like to get a "no problem" from people, it's who I am!

I just thought of it, I'm 3 hours from tacoma - Skamania, is just over the Oregon border (that's where the most big foot sightings in the nation reside), lewis, next tacoma's in peirce, then king.

I am going to take a pilgramage to the sight of Jimmy Hendrix's grave this summer, I'll drop you a line see what you're up to!

Edited by Siagalova

Don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to take the ferry. I just didn't know if I would have to in order to get to Bremerton.

I sent you a message using the forum messenger with my email in it... I guess you didn't get it? I'm pretty sure my email is enabled.

Yeah, 3 hours is a long ass drive. If you're up in this area, definitely give me a heads up.

I never checked out Jimi's grave.... I've always wanted to, along with Bruce and Brandon Lee's.