cdnn have one saiga 308 in stock , I just talk to tracy on cdnn they want

269.99 for the 22 inches and they have 4 7.62x39 , that is what they told me , today

july , 2 , 2004.

Roger on the pass there neighbor. I was $264 Out the door for my 16" .308 . .. . I wouldn't pay over 3, with taxes and junk, period. You should be able to pick up this fine rifle for somewhere between 250 and 300, leaning toward the middle of that spread.

BTW, it is a very fine rifle. You won't regret continuing to look until you find the right deal.

Oh, and that $50 will pick up a spare wood stock set or 1/3 of your POSP, so I'd hold onto it for those causes rather than just giving the dealer those $$s.

Edited by Macx

Hey everybody, thanks for your reply and advice. There is a gun show here in Las Vegas this Independance Day and I will try to find a better deal there. But I won't keep my hopes up because the only thing you can get a deal on is ammo! However I would like to get one for less than $300.

xxx I do live in sin city,Las vegas.

Again, everyone thanks for your help.

If anyone plans a trip out here, let me know as I'd try to get you the best deals.

Bvamp when ever you get out this way we will go shootin no problem, when are you planing the trip? I just got back from the gun show, and just like i thought it sucked!!!!!!!!!! $3.00 for parking,$13.00 for entry, and lots of over priced guns. NO saigas at all in any caliber. I looked for us compliance parts for my 762x39 conversion, but i had no luck except a us made pg for $10.00. So I bought it, and some exploding targets,you know the ones that go BOOOOOOOOM :lolol: I think I will go to gun broker,and bid on a 308 or have local shop order one from cdnn. Oh one vender had a saiga 12 with a pg conversion for $599.00 I thought that was illegal?

I see where JG Sales down in Prescot is advertising 16" Saiga 308's for $269.00--doesn't necessarily mean they are in stock but worth a phone call if you haven't made a purchase. You are correct about the gun shows over at Cashman. Costs a fortune to get in and the vendors want Neiman Marcus prices. I get into Las Vegas pretty regular. Where is a good public range???? I don't enjoy those indoor ones. Thanks!!!!

aka108 I know what you mean about indoor ranges. I like to go to the old abanded AIRFORCE range at the north end of losse road. There is no building around that area yet,and not to many people know about it,and thats the way I like it! Nobody messes with you out there except for the ocasional blackhawk flyby you know 50'of deck :eek: When that happensI just pack up my gear and get the hell out of there! come to thinkof it maby it's not abanded after all? Oh well it's still a good place to shoot,im going out there tomorrow to try out some of thoes targets I bought. Let me know when you get out this way I will show you where the range is and we will burn through ammo. Thanks brian seems like akman has some good prices I will order from him.

This sucks i just got back from the range,the one i like so much, posted every where NO SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMNED the BLM Oh well another good place to shoot down the crapper!!!!! So i just went down the road a few miles and set up my exploding targets and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM holly shit that was loud With a big cloud of white smoke i got the f@*ck out of there.Man thoes things rock :super: I could swear i was being followed all the way home, big brother ya know :lolol:

RRW:

nevada public land has some good spots out tword lake mead....go out past sunrise mountain, and keep going....I think you have to practice "pack in-pack-out" when you go out there. you SHOULD be able to call the state police and ask them where out there is a good safe place to shoot, or if you need to declare trips out there....but i guess you could always find someone way out there and give them 100 bucks for a "permission slip" to shoot on thier land....just a thought....

oh yeh, there is a law out in vegas that states a mileage that you have to go outside either city limits or the county itself to be legally allowed to shoot out there, now (pretty sure i heard it the last winter i spent out there, its different than when I went out there when I was a kid)....you should ask, because thats where you should be able to go. a drive is more fun without worries than a quick trip out there....

F4d scarecrow they :super: Im going to do a patent search on the componets, to see if i can come up with my own cheep version of the targets!BOOOOOOOOOOOOM :lolol::lolol::lolol: I love thoes things :devil::devil::devil: hey Bvamp your rite the law states,i think 1mile from any boulding,and 1-1000' from any road, but the laws change around here so much its hard to keep up! SO think i will join desert sportsman off charlston rd @ redrock. AK108 I will read but blm sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think its time for a revolution if the water districk or nevada power agents get to cary firearms, writes tickets for soo called violations of xcess usage of water or power that cary fines or jail time,what crap the powers that be have to much power as it is!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry every body im done,tired will rant no more! OH yeh i think MOORE SUCKS TO! danmd trader to his country :smoke:

RRW ima Vegas guy too...just put in my order thru CDNN for a 7.62x39 16" for 179.99...currently looking for a .308 in 22"...let me know what you find...that sucks about your shooting spot...as for out by lake mead NO WAY lake mead is totally off limits its a national park area so is red rock...the best places it seems any more is South Las Vegas Blvd about 3 miles past wheelers RV and out past blue diamond before you hit the mountains towards pahrump...ive also heard of a spot out past apex....we should hit up some of these spots and burn somthing

Robgrandam: I was referring to lake mead blvd, out past sunrise mountain. out that way, about two miles there should be places to blaze up. unless you are telling me that lake mead national refuge encompasses the land all the way to vegas? ever look to the sides of the road out that way? or are ya intent on the only water to be found, and just miss the 9,000,000 spots to shoot at? lake mead lake is WAY past where I am talking about. anywhere people offroad off the highway that isnt posted should be fair game out that ways...

i guess it depends on which lake mead (street) your talking about being that i have never taken lake Mead in green valley im not even sure if it goes all the way thru.

now the Lake Mead Blvd that is in north las vegas sorry to say its built up all the way to the base of the mountain...once you get thru the mt about 2 miles you will see signs that say no shooting (the signs have all kinds of bullet holes in them)

Lake Mead National Park pretty much covers everything west of sunrise mtn....im not bringing this up to be argumentative purely informational...i took that road not but week ago and took special notice to confirm for my self that there was no place to go shooting there...once you clear Sunrise mtn its only about 10 miles to the water with Lake Las Vegas in between.

Hey Robgrandam good to here of another vegan that loves this hobby. When we goin :killer::killer::killer: ? Im off weekends. I know all about the development going on around here, all the cool shooting places going away.I may just join desert sportsman outdoor range at redrock. Yeh no shooting at lake mead I like to keep all my toys, Bvamp when you coming out this way? Our you guys familiar with the mud flats off 95 going to MT charlston a park ranger said it was ok to shoot out there after chasing me out of the water basin at the north end of jones blvdNO tickets :rolleyes: he just said no shooting out here any more due to the boulding. Oh yeh cant go this weekend converting my 762x39. I hope to get it done. I wont be able to get my 308 until the end of the month. cant wait. :super::super::super:

Add another vegan to the ranks. :P

(Soon I hope not to eat at all though.. I've taken up sungazing a few months ago)

Sungazing here if you think I'm insane.

WOW...um okay good luck with that kay!

RRW- im going this thursday with a freind of mine who wants to get into guns. my days off are thur and fri...with it not getting dark until 8:30 now im sure we can get togather on the weekends anyway.

Sun gazing? what the hell? I live in the north west. The forests up here are considered rain forests - when people from southern cal. used to migrate up here, lack of the sun would drive them to suicide!! Kooky?!? During that period, Seattle had the highest suicide rate in the country!! who knows there might be something to it?!?

To me the desert is very anoying - but humans adapt to all conditions, different strokes for different folks. Whatch you talkin' 'bout Willis?

I couldn't resist throwin' in a word or two on this one - sorry to get off subj.!!!!!!

funny! I love it!